4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 16, 2008 6:17 AM by funkistuff

Installation problem

I have just downloaded Fireworks CS3 and the program doesn't want to install. I am using Vista, you hit setup a box appears to show progress then the box disappears and does nothing. I restarted twice and redownloaded and still the application doesn't install. Do I need to download any other programs for this to work or is this not compatible with Vista?
        • 1. Re: Installation problem
          Did you ever solve this problem? I am having the same problem, but I even bought the software and it still won't install. No error message -- the box showing progress just disappears. If you found a solution, I would very much like to hear it. Technical Support has not been too helpful so far.
          • 2. Re: Installation problem
            pixlor Level 4
            I have the CS3 Web Premium suite installed on Vista Home Premium. So far, my only difficulties with Fireworks on Vista are the bitmap editing tools, for which you need to turn off the Aero theme, and installing extensions, which you need to do as administrator.

Hmm. Try right-clicking on the installer and select "Run as administrator." Don't know if it'll help, but it's worth a shot.
            • 3. Re: Installation problem
              I have the same problem with Vista Business.

• 4. Installation problem
                funkistuff Level 1
                Initially I upgraded Vista on top of XP. So I had a brainwave! What I had to do is reinstall Vista from the start. . I backed all the information and programs I had and installed Vista Ultimate from scratch. This seemed to of solved the problem. If you have already done this and still having problems I suggest there are no conflicts on your system i.e. any database servers running i.e. Firebird, MySQL, uninstall these, as these seems to conflict with Vista working properly i.e. Control Panel fails to launch. Try uninstalling any non compatible Vista software and try again. I am no computer boffin, its just what I have experienced and happy to advise my experiences. Ta :-)