2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 25, 2010 9:14 PM by EckleySP

Encore Problem from PP - Build, Change and Re-Build

EckleySP Level 1

I have a Premiere Pro project with one sequence.  The name of the sequence happens to be the name of the project -  I hope that's not confusion Adobe - however, this is what I've done . . .

I created the Encore file from within Premiere Pro using Dynamic Link.  I built the project in Encore to a DVD.

Then I made some changes to clips in Premiere, and sure enough, I can see the changes in Encore.

However, when I go to build another DVD - I expect to see the changes I made - Encore does not transcode anything, but simply starts to write to the DVD.  The result is the same as the first time I built the DVD - it does not have the changes I made in Premiere Pro.

I assume there are redenered files - somewhere - that Encore is using to write to the DVD - that is, it's too dumb to realize it needs to re-transcode the project because it changed.

And I assume this is a bug that no doubt someone (like Adobe) knows about.

Any work arounds?  If I find these rendered files and delete them, Encore will have no choice but to re-render the project and include my lastest changes.  Seems like a real pain. . .

Any of this make sense?

I am runnning an INTEL i7 on Windows 7; 64 bit.

Scott