7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 26, 2010 6:04 PM by the_wine_snob

Imported Video has a Greenish Tint

dvedvedve

I installed Premiere CS4 on a Dell Latitude  E5400 laptop and am trying to edit a video.  However, when I bring it into Premiere it has a greenish tint as does the border around it. See attachment I imported it in various formats (mov, avi, wmv) and the problem persists. Any help would be appreciated.

• 1. Re: Imported Video has a Greenish Tint
          Harm Millaard Level 7

This is common for material not suited for editing that was brought in....

What is the material, with what camera was it shot and what codec is used in what sequence settings on what hardware and with what OS and which version of PR, etc. Supply the common details.

• 2. Re: Imported Video has a Greenish Tint
            dvedvedve Level 1

Thanks for your response.  The file was originally in Canon's mov format and taken off a SD card.  On my desktop computer, I can bring mov files into Premeire CS4 by changing the mov extention to mpg and creating a DV wide screen project. Everything works fine.  I can edit the files, export them to Encore, etc.   However, when I try to import mpg files on my laptop, Premeire tells me the  files are either damaged or unsupported.  I am using the same version of Premeire both on the desktop and laptop.  The only difference is that the OS on the desktop is Win 7 and the laptop Win XP.   I tried using Adobe Media Encoder on my desktop to create the various file formats I mentioned hoping one would import; they do, but have the greeish tint or other artifacts.  I should note all the files play perfectly on the laptop  in Windows Media Player, even the mpg ones.  The project is a school project, so I am not too concerned about the quality of the images.  I just want to be able to edit the files on the laptop without having to use Window Movie Maker.

• 3. Re: Imported Video has a Greenish Tint
              Matt Petersen Level 3

Alas, the colour tint is a classic video overlay problem. Update your driver to the latest one from Dell and cross your fingers.

It's probably not an issue with your footage or Premiere, just the way Premiere presents the Program monitor.

In fact, if you export said video, you'll probably find there is no colour cast present.

Matthew

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Imported Video has a Greenish Tint
                the_wine_snob Level 9

There are links in this THREAD to similar.

Good luck, and follow some of those links,

Hunt

• 5. Re: Imported Video has a Greenish Tint
                  dvedvedve Level 1

Thanks for your responses.  I downloaded the latest version of my laptop's  video driver; unfortunately, imported video still doesn't display properly, even titles created with Titler don't display properly.  I also tried a trial of Elements, and it has the same issues.  Apparently, Premiere and Elements have issues running with my video driver,  Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset, under Windows XP.  I will try on another laptop or use Windows Movie Maker.

Once again thanks for your time.

• 6. Re: Imported Video has a Greenish Tint
                    Harm Millaard Level 7

If you try on a workstation, you will have a much nicer experience. Laptops are usually not suited for editing.

• 7. Re: Imported Video has a Greenish Tint
                      the_wine_snob Level 9

Here is another THREAD with plenty of links to similar.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful