2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 26, 2010 6:15 AM by seb400

Issue with - FindChange_Record_CS3.jsx

seb400 Level 1

CS4, OSX 10.5.8

I've been using the 'FindChange_Record_CS3.jsx' script to build a custom  'FindChangeByList.jsx' text file.

It appears that the recorded queries, generated by 'FindChange_Record_CS3.jsx', for some reason fail to include a path to character and paragraph styles inside 'Style Group' items. Although they work perfectly well as they are in the application.

If I move the relevant paragraph and character styles out of their 'Group' into the root of the character and paragraph styles the query works fine.

Could someone please tell me how to insert the correct syntax for the 'bits' that are missing from the following, given that the character style "Body text italic" resides in a group folder called "Body text", and that the paragraph style "Body text 10/12 SwissLtBt - Standard" lives in a group folder called "Main text"?

grep    {findWhat:"(.+)", fontStyle:"Italic"}    {changeTo:"$1", appliedCharacterStyle:"Body text italic", appliedParagraphStyle:"Body text 10/12 SwissLtBt - Standard", changeConditionsMode:1919250519}    {includeLockedStoriesForFind:false, includeLockedLayersForFind:false, includeHiddenLayers:false, includeMasterPages:false, includeFootnotes:true}    //Comment

btw. what does - "changeConditionsMode:1919250519" mean?

MTIA Steve

• 1. Re: Issue with - FindChange_Record_CS3.jsx
          Kasyan Servetsky Level 5

grep [Tab] {findWhat:"(.+)", fontStyle:"Italic"} [Tab]

{changeTo:"$1", appliedCharacterStyle:app.activeDocument.characterStyleGroups.item("Body text").characterStyles.item("Body text italic"), appliedParagraphStyle:app.activeDocument.paragraphStyleGroups.item("Main text").paragraphStyles.item("Body text 10/12 SwissLtBt - Standard")} [Tab] {includeLockedStoriesForFind:false, includeLockedLayersForFind:false, includeHiddenLayers:false, includeMasterPages:false, includeFootnotes:true}

I tested this on CS3, Win -- hope it should work for CS4, Mac.

P.S.

what does - "changeConditionsMode:1919250519" mean?

changeConditionsMode - The change conditions mode, change either replaces applied conditions or adds to applied conditions.

Can be:

ChangeConditionsModes.ADD_TO Change adds to applied conditions. 
          ChangeConditionsModes.REPLACE_WITH Change replaces applied conditions. (The same as changeConditionsMode:1919250519)

or

ChangeConditionsModes.NothingEnum.NOTHING

I think that you can just omit it, if you don't use conditional text feature.

Kasyan

• 2. Re: Issue with - FindChange_Record_CS3.jsx
            seb400 Level 1

Many thanks Kaysan

Steve