2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 27, 2010 8:24 PM by Obialor

Serial number not working in trial

Purbrook Level 1

Hi there we received our serial number yesterday for After Effects CS4 (windows) and I have tried placing this code in the boxes provided (when the prompt appears on the trial version) but it tells me the number is incorrect. I have uninstalled the trial version from my machine and downloaded the version from my LWS area but it still comes up with the trail version and prompts.

Can you please tell me what I need to do to rectify the problem?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Serial number not working in trial
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Can you please tell me what I need to do to rectify the problem?

Two possibilities: Eithr you are falling victim to some problems with the recent activation server migration as explained here or you have been handed incompatible serials/ installers. There are different installers for different regions of the world and different serials for different licensing programs and if they don't match, you cannot activate the program. Only the ones that caused it in the first place can help you solve it, so give sales and licensing support a call at your earliest convenience. Phone numbers for your region are listed on the support pages.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Serial number not working in trial
            Obialor

Try re-installing it in your admin account.  I had the same issue this evening while re-installing the Web Premium CS4.  I forgot that Adobe wants you to install their products in your admin account.  I logged off, logged into my admin account and the installer accepted the serial numbers.

Obialor