0 Replies Latest reply on Sep 21, 2007 9:19 AM by Menace4258

ArrayCollection Problems

Menace4258
      I have a datagrid with an ArrayCollection as a dataProvider. The AC has multiple XML fields in it, such as the following format.

<attorneys>
      <attorney>
      <name>blah</name>
      <practice>pract1</practice>
      <practice>pract2</practice>
      <practice>pract3</practice>
      </attorney>
      <attorney>
      </attorney>
      </attorneys>

Now, I'm selecting an item in the datagrid and pulling the practices out of it and setting it as the dataprovider for a list. In this list you can add, remove or edit any option. Now heres the problem, if the practice list has 2 or more items in it, everything works perfect as expected. But if it has 0 or 1 items in it, I can't add anything. Here's my following code I've been using to test:

if(selAdv.selectedLabel == "Activities"){
      Alert.show("Entering Activities Block...", "Alert");
      temp = arrAtt.getItemAt(dgAttorneys.selectedIndex).practice;
      Alert.show("Temp Declared and Initialized", "Alert");

if(lstAdv.selectedItem){
      Alert.show("Item Selected -- Begin", "Alert");
      temp.setItemAt(strTemp, lstAdv.selectedIndex);
      Alert.show("Item Selected -- End", "Alert");
      } else {
      Alert.show("No Item Selected -- Begin", "Alert");
      temp.addItem(strTemp);
      Alert.show("No Item Selected -- End", "Alert");
      }
      }

Sorry, for all the alerts, they're just there so I can tell where the code halts at. Now, with 2 or more items(whether 1 on the list is selected or not) I get all 4 Alerts as expected. However, if there's 0 or 1 item in the list, the only Alert I get is Alert.show("Entering Activities Block...", "Alert");

I've been stuck on this all day yesterday, and now this morning I finally accepted being stumped and turned to the forums for help =( So, if anyone has any idea why this is happening or any suggestions/questions, please help me out. Much appreciated and thank you for your time.

Joshua