8 Replies Latest reply on Feb 6, 2010 9:49 AM by the_wine_snob

Burning a dvd

givingupusa

I deleted one of my project and can not restore it.  I'd like to burn the dvd I created. Will CS4 Pro let me copy this dvd?

• 1. Re: Burning a dvd
          nealeh Level 5

By ' burn the dvd I created' do you mean that you have already exported to the harddisk and/or a physical DVD? If so then you can either burn the folder to a DVD (using ImgBurn or similar) or do a straightforward disk copy.

If you lost the project before burning it to hard disk or DVD then you will need to recreate the project from your original video source. If you operate a backup system it would be worthwhile checking your last few backups first.

Cheers,
          --
          Neale
          Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 2. Re: Burning a dvd
            John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

>copy this dvd

As far as I know, you may not COPY a disc with Premiere or Encore

Take a look at the FREE http://www.imgburn.com/

• 3. Re: Burning a dvd
              givingupusa Level 1

Yes, after I created my project, I rendered it, encoded it and then created my dvd.  Later in time, I needed more space on my hardrive where I kept this project.  I deleted it (the folder) in a fashion that I could no longer restore it from the recycle bin.  Now I'd like to make more copies of the actual dvd. I was hoping the CS4 Pro software that I own, had a burning device in making copies that I don't know about. Afterall, it is a very expensive software..

• 4. Re: Burning a dvd
                nealeh Level 5

givingupusa wrote:

Yes, after I created my project, I rendered it, encoded it and then created my dvd.

You don't need Adobe to copy an existing DVD, just use Windows or any burning software to copy it.

Here's how to do it with the ImgBurn software you may have seen mentioned here. This takes two steps

1:     Create an image on disk from your original DVD

burn1.jpg

2:     Burn the image to a blank DVD

burn2.jpg

Cheers,
                --
                Neale
                Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 5. Re: Burning a dvd
                  givingupusa Level 1

How much does imgburn cost to download?

• 6. Re: Burning a dvd
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

ImgBurn is free. Now, do look at the Web page carefully, as there are ads strewn all about. One is for a commercial burning utility. You ONLY want to download the free ImgBurn program. Things like all those ads can be confusing, but then to support a free program, one often has to gain revenue from the Web page ads.

Good luck, and hope that this helps,

Hunt

• 7. Re: Burning a dvd
                      givingupusa Level 1

Well, I've been going to imgburn.com a few times and trying to figure out that website.

I may have down loaded stuff I didn't need, in trying to find the page with the directions you sent me to burn my DVD.  As you said, lots of stuff to look at.  Have you got time to direct me, where to go to, once on that web site.  I would fall in love with you if you could.

• 8. Re: Burning a dvd
                        the_wine_snob Level 9

Certainly. Scroll down to this part of the page:

ImgBurn_Download.jpg

Hope that this helps - dang all those ads, but then ImgBurn IS free. Do not hesitate to Donate though, as it is very good.

Good luck,

Hunt