1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 26, 2010 10:26 PM by Mylenium

exporting flv. and swf. to dreamweaver

nonemauro

first the flv.

when I export an flv file from ae and import the file to dreamweaver I don't see the video! All I see are pictures of play buttons, pause buttons and stop buttons where my video should be(I guess these are the skins). Why?

also...

the swf:

when I import the swf file into dreamweaver, I see the video but the quality is crap(even after i set the settings to best quality)Why?

thank you

• 1. Re: exporting flv. and swf. to dreamweaver
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

first the flv.

when I export an flv file from ae and import the file to dreamweaver I don't see the video! All I see are pictures of play buttons, pause buttons and stop buttons where my video should be(I guess these are the skins). Why?

As it should be. Please read the DW help with regards to embedding FLV and the programs handling of Design View vs. Live View vs. testing the actual output in a proper browser. FLVs do not contain poster frames until you make provision for them, that's why the player will always be empty until the momemnt you hit play.

when I import the swf file into dreamweaver, I see the video but the quality is crap(even after i set the settings to best qualit

Test it in a browser! You may just see DW's preview proxy. Similar issue to above. Really do read the help.

Mylenium