3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 17, 2010 2:12 AM by VDOSurfer

How to disable scene detection in auto analyzer?

Schlista3 Level 1

I thought I saw this setting once, but now can't find it. 

• 2. Re: How to disable scene detection in auto analyzer?
          Schlista3 Level 1

I'm sorry I don't see where it says how to disable the scene detection.  I know how to disable auto analyzer and to turn off the various things it analyzes, but there isn't an option on mine to turn off scene detection (the very first thing the auto analyze does).

In other words I want to run autoanalyzer but don't want the scene detection.

• 3. Re: How to disable scene detection in auto analyzer?
            VDOSurfer Level 3

You can't....

You can selectively disable the filters, the ones that each clip will be analyzed for. But scene detect seems to be a must-do before the analysis begins. Maybe for performance reasons, and for accuracy of the filters in each of the smaller clips.

Say if you have a 10 min clip. The first 2 mins has some shake in it. But the rest of the clip does not. If the scenes were not analyzed, the complete clip will not have a "shake" tag associated with it (Purely because 2 mins is too small a duration compared to 10 mins). Now if the scenes have been detected, the first two mins could be a part of a scene and that "shake" tag will be meaningful for this scene alone and not for the full clip. Hence the accuracy. Similarly for all tags and all scenes within the clip. To make meaningful analysis, a smaller clip is always more meaningful rather than a big clip.

I agree with them if this is the design criteria they used when designing the feature.

Hope I was clear.