0 Replies Latest reply on Jan 26, 2010 7:25 PM by PaulThomsen

Ramping exposure adjustment over multiple RAWs?

PaulThomsen

Gday folks - just wondering if this is possible.

I'm playing around with DLSR based timelapse photography and its a bit tricky when light levels change significantly during a shoot - eg a sunrise.  Using autoexposure on a camera can result in nasty flickering due to differences between frames so I prefer using a manual exposure set to what I think will be the middle of the range of exposures required.  Even the camera jumping 1/3 increments in stops creates this flickering.

What would be really cool is if I could select my say 500 photos in ACR and for example say I want the first image to be adjusted +2 stops with a smooth increment to -2 stops for the last image in the range...

Is this possible for ACR somehow or can this be a feature request?   Any other suggestions with other software welcome - i assume this could be done in PS but i'm no scripter....

I do know and use antiflicker solutions and these are great to overcome the flicker i get even with manual exposure but I do need some way to define a changing exposure adjustment over a range of images...

Any help appreciated

Cheers

Paul

PS If anyone knows if this can be done in LR that'd be great to know too...

Message was edited by: PaulThomsen