6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 27, 2010 9:52 PM by chaosdsmFL

PrE8 => YouTube 1080p

vfkf

I'm sure this question must be answered somewhere, but I can't find it.  What are the best Premiere Elements 8 settings for sending footage to YouTube for 1080p?  Quicktime?  MPG?  What are people using?

Quicktime worked well with PrE7, but I must be doing it wrong with PrE8 as the video is blocky and over compressed.

Right now I discovered MPG, H.264 1920x1080i 30 works well.  While the results are good, I was hoping for 1080p.  Is there a better preset I should be using?

• 1. Re: PrE8 => YouTube 1080p
          chaosdsmFL Level 1

Is your original source material 1080p?  If not, it's not going to make much difference how you send it to youtube... yes, it'll get deinterlaced, but it's still not as good as starting with progressive scan content... regardless, it appears that youtube is now making all 1080i content 1080p...

I've been playing around with PrE8 & my 1080i content sent to youtube, you can see here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjk49vV8f6M that they automaticly recompress the content & now make it available in several HD formats from 360p (not HD but...) to 1080p. 

I've just been using the "share" & upload to youtube directly from PrE8 with the automatic settings, which according to youtube is Adobe Flash Video.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: PrE8 => YouTube 1080p
            nealeh Level 5

Off Topic but I was amused by the 'related video' Jack Bauer interrogates Santa. Just how is that related !!??!

Cheers,

--

Neale

Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 3. Re: PrE8 => YouTube 1080p
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

It's really not -- but it is hilarious, Neale!

• 4. Re: PrE8 => YouTube 1080p
                vfkf Level 1

Yes, I have Canon HF200 which has 1080p (set the frame rate to PF30).

OK, I see 1080 setting now.  I was creating the file first on my machine first before uploading.  When I looked at the Flash Video export, there was no setting for 1080.

I was hoping the 1080p was something like quicktime, mpg or basically something I can playback and review before sending to YouTube.

• 5. Re: PrE8 => YouTube 1080p
                  Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

I might recommend using a Quicktime file or WMV instead of an FLV.

YouTube is going to re-encode the heck out of it anyway, so there's no advantage to loading an FLV to the site.

• 6. Re: PrE8 => YouTube 1080p
                    chaosdsmFL Level 1

Actually, in my case anyway (& it may be partly because of JVC's .MOD implementation...) FLV seems to work with the least amount of quality loss once youtube does their thing, & most people have Adobe Flash player already on their PC's because so many websites use it, so the files are more compatible with more PC's compared to Quicktime or WMV.

To the OP, you can write the file to your hard drive first, then upload that file to youtube & in some cases that's easier because PrE8 doesn't always work when trying to share directly to youtube in which case you get to start all over with the share process...

If you have the time, I suggest trying a bunch of different formats & settings & see what works best for your situation.

I'm not sure why those video's come up under the "related" clips... somehow that video seems to have been linked to my recently viewed list as of the time it was uploaded.