8 Replies Latest reply on Jan 29, 2010 8:17 PM by BXPulse

Stop Loading My Music Plugins

BXPulse

Premiere Elements tries to load all my music plugins and soft synths and it never manages to start up. I don't need it to load those, I don't know why it thinks its going to be composing music, maybe its fed up being a video editor.

Does anybody know how to stop it loading my VST plugins please?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Stop Loading My Music Plugins
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Unfortunately, as PrE can use many VST's, it tries to load all that it can find. Three things can happen"

1.) PrE loads the VST and can use it

2.) PrE loads the VST, but cannot use it (in PrPro, the user gets a one-time message to this effect)

3.) PrE tries to load the VST, but cannot, so it hangs/crashes

In PrPro, one can just re-launch, as PrPro makes a blacklist, when a VST hangs it. Next time, it will not try to load that VST, but may hang on others. Each re-launch adds to the blacklist, until it contains ALL VST's, that PrPro cannot load, and then all is good. I do not think that PrE does the blacklist thing, or if it does, I have never read of it. Most users with loads of VST's, especially the instruments, have found that if they move the VST's elsewhere (the Desktop has worked fine for many), and then point their audio program, that uses those VST's, to the new location, all is good.

I would like to see the ability to disable this function in PrE, or at least the "blacklist" function from PrPro.

Sorry for the bad news, but good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Stop Loading My Music Plugins
            BXPulse Level 1

Thanks Bill. I made the blacklist text file as kindly described in another post. At first it didn't fully work as some manufacturers have dedicated sub folders within the VST folder i.e. Lexicon. I then just went through and manually added the missing dll filenames in these sub folders as the dos command had already created all the various manufacturer sub folders. Premiere Elements is now loading!

If I have a problem now with Audition not loading the VST's I will just temporarily rename the blacklist file when I am using Audition. Bit of a pain but hey!

Thanks all.

• 3. Re: Stop Loading My Music Plugins
              nealeh Level 5

BXPulse wrote:

I made the blacklist text file as kindly described in another post. At first it didn't fully work as some manufacturers have dedicated sub folders within the VST folder i.e. Lexicon. I then just went through and manually added the missing dll filenames in these sub folders as the dos command had already created all the various manufacturer sub folders. Premiere Elements is now loading!

As you have been able to create a blacklist file could you post the method (or a link to where you found it described).

Cheers,
              --
              Neale
              Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 4. Re: Stop Loading My Music Plugins
                the_wine_snob Level 9

This might be helpful to you as well as to Neale. It's an entry in the PrPro-Wiki on the blacklist.

Hope that this helps,

Hunt

• 5. Re: Stop Loading My Music Plugins
                  nealeh Level 5

Thanks for the link Bill. I've come to the conclusion that the internet can answer an infinite number of questions except one (that being 'how to make PRE8 work?')

Cheers,
                  --
                  Neale
                  Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 6. Re: Stop Loading My Music Plugins
                    Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

I'm beginninig to wonder if anyone knows the answer to that one, Neale!

• 7. Re: Stop Loading My Music Plugins
                      the_wine_snob Level 9

Yes, even though I am a happy Adobe user, I have those same concerns with this one...

Hunt

PS - I do agree about the Internet. The trick is either remembering where you found something, having a bazillion Bookmarks or great boolean skills, so long as one knows exactly what search criteria are needed. I try to rely on #'s 1 & 2, but then finding the danged Bookmark can be a trick too. I need to go in and weed out many of mine, so I only have one half-bazillion!

• 8. Re: Stop Loading My Music Plugins
                        BXPulse Level 1

Here is the post that explains how to make the blacklist file. Essentially it is just a text file called blacklist.txt that sits in your VST folder and lists all the plugins line by line i.e.

Fusor.dll

Lexicon/PantheonII.dll

etc.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/1736161#1736161