2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 3, 2007 3:00 PM by Warrior of Rohan

Rollovers

Warrior of Rohan
      Two questions from a newbie.

I created a simple rectangle with rounded corners and some text as a navigation button. When I insert it in Dreamweaver as a .png file I do not see the small corners of the canvas (set to transparent). If I save the file to a .gif or .jpg I can see the small white corners of the canvas in the website. How do i get rid of the if I save as a .gif or .jpg? What file types are best for websites? I notice the .png files are larger than .gif or .jpg.

I created a simple rollover in FW using 2 frames and changing the text from black to white (big deal fo me) I then export it as .HTM but when I insert a FW .HTM in Dreamweaver I do not get any images or the rollover. I tested it with a sample file from instruction CD and it works using their file.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
        • 1. Re: Rollovers
          Level 7
          Warrior of Rohan wrote:
          >

If I save the file to a
          > .gif or .jpg I can see the small white corners of the canvas in the website.
          > How do i get rid of the if I save as a .gif or .jpg? What file types are best
          > for websites? I notice the .png files are larger than .gif or .jpg.

Don't use save or save as. You must Export the files. If you export in
          GIF format, draw on a canvas color that matches the background color if
          your HTML page and export with Index transparency.

> I created a simple rollover in FW using 2 frames and changing the text from
          > black to white (big deal fo me) I then export it as .HTM but when I insert a FW
          > .HTM in Dreamweaver I do not get any images or the rollover. I tested it with
          > a sample file from instruction CD and it works using their file.

Have you defined the site in Dreamweaver? Have you used the Insert >
          Image Objects > Fireworks HTML feature?

--
          Linda Rathgeber [PVII] *Adobe Community Expert-Fireworks*
          --------------------------------------------------------------
          http://www.projectseven.com
          Fireworks Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/fireworks/
          CSS Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/css/
          http://www.adobe.com/communities/experts/
          --------------------------------------------------------------
          • 2. Re: Rollovers
            Warrior of Rohan Level 1
            I had already tried using export and still get the little white corners. Is there any issues with using the .PNG files on my website? Other than they are larger than .GIF & .JPG files.

Yes, tried using insewrt, image object, fireworks html and did not get the image. Again, tested it with the htlm file from CD and it works okay. Must be a nut loose on my keyboard somewhere.

Thanks for the help.