4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 28, 2010 7:17 AM by nealeh

Dual Layer Burning Premiere Elements 4.0

MirShaw

I know this is probably an easy one for anyone that has been using Premiere Elements for awhile.  I just finished a 100 minute video and I want to burn it at as good of quality as possible on one DVD.  So, I thought I would burn it using a dual layer DVD.  I can't find a settting in Premiere Elements 4.0 that allows you to choose Dual Layer.  Will it do this automatically or what do I have to do?

• 1. Re: Dual Layer Burning Premiere Elements 4.0
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

If you've got a dual-layer DVD burner and a dual-layer disc, you can do it using Share/Disc.

• 2. Re: Dual Layer Burning Premiere Elements 4.0
            MirShaw Level 1

Thanks for the reply but maybe I didn't ask the question right.  I've burned lots of DVDs by using the Share-Disk, but they were all single layer and 60 minutes or less.  If you are trying to burn a dual layer, do you need to set an option to burn dual layer or will it just do it automatically?  My burner will burn dual layer and I have dual layer disks but I'm not sure if I need to set an option.  I don't see any option for dual layer in Share-Disk.  Thanks for the help.

• 3. Re: Dual Layer Burning Premiere Elements 4.0
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

If you don't get an answer here, you may want to try the Muvipix forum. I know there are several people who burn dual-layer discs there.

http://muvipix.com/phpBB3/

• 4. Re: Dual Layer Burning Premiere Elements 4.0
                nealeh Level 5

MirShaw wrote:

If you are trying to burn a dual layer, do you need to set an option to burn dual layer or will it just do it automatically?  My burner will burn dual layer and I have dual layer disks but I'm not sure if I need to set an option.  I don't see any option for dual layer in Share-Disk.

I believe that PRE identifies the type of disc you have and adjusts quality accordingly.

In my case though I never use PRE to burn to the disk directly but always first to the hard disk with 8.5GB settings. You select this in the Share> Burn To dialog. In the Burn To dialog there are the three options Disk ; Folder(4.7GB) and Folder(8.5GB).

The reason I do this is to force PRE to produce the best quality output it can (If I want it to shrink it to fit a 4.7GB I use external tools DVD Shrink or Nero Recode for example). I then end up with a final 'master' to burn with Nero or ImgBurn.

This also keeps the load off the machine as I close PRE after it creates the original 8.5GB file.

Cheers,
                --
                Neale
                Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children