1 person found this helpful
I haven't but if use this method you'll need to add all the customized code a Joomla template requires. Do you know how to that?
Can you elaborate ? I have worked with Joomla's default rhuk_milkyway, some free templates as well as some paid RocketTheme templates and have a general understanding of the work involved in customizing them. I'm looking for resources that help me understand all of the things that are needed to create custom templates for the Joomla CMS. I have heard annecdotally that the RocketTheme developers use Fireworks as a (I'm sure one of many) core tool in constructing their templates.
Sure, I didn't want to insult you in case you knew how to make them :-) What I used was a book from
I like Barry N
Do a search at Amazon, there are some good selections. If I were to get another book it would be the one from O'Reily publishing.
I know enough to edit sites clients bring me. I decided not to use this platform because the learning curve for 90% of my clients was too steep!!
If they need to add pages and have a lot of editing control, I set them up with Contribute and supply movie tutorials to get them started. The majority of clients want only to edit text in the content area. I use CushyCMS branded to me. I know you didn;t ask all this but it's my 2 cents:-)
Hope this helps,
Here are some template tutorials http://www.compassdesigns.net/joomla-tutorials/joomla-15-template-tutorial
I found this online by Graf has good of info. Here is the TOC
- 1 Corporate Identity
- 2 HTML/XHTML, CSS, and XML
- 3 Creating Your Own Templates
- 4 Concept
- 5 CSS file /css/template.css:
- 6 Directory Structures of the Template
- 7 First Trial Run
- 8 Integration of the Joomla! Module
- 9 Creating a Template Package
- 10 Uninstallation of the Template
- 11 Installation with the Joomla! Template Installer
- 12 What Source Code Comes from Joomla?
- 13 The Left Module Position in Detail
- 14 Template Overrides (Customize HTML Output without Changing the Core Files)
- 15 Additional References
- 16 Additional Resources