2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 28, 2010 6:09 PM by Michael Gannon

More action sequence trouble

Michael Gannon

I've managed to create an action sequence that moves an object when you click a button but I can't for the life of me figure out how to set where it moves to. It just moves down and to the right. It seems there needs to be some way to set a start and end position for an object's move. Can anyone help me figure this out?

• 1. Re: More action sequence trouble
          2sidesdesign

This is one of the more confusing parts of Catalyst if you have used *any* other animation tool. Basically, the first "keyframe" is the value/location in the first state (on the left). Then, in the properties panel, you can set a relative value/offset for the second "keyframe". It is very strange.

Hope this helps.

• 2. Re: More action sequence trouble
            Michael Gannon Level 1

Thanks, that actually helped quite a bit. I was able to figure out how to set my action sequence to do what I wanted. I'm having a side bar slide out from the side to reveal a couple buttons. The only trouble now is that I can't figure out how to make it slide back to where it was when you click the button again. Instead, it keeps moving in the same direction every time you click the button. Maybe setting up an action sequence isn't best the solution in my case.