2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 28, 2010 4:04 PM by the_wine_snob

premiere elements 1.0

supertiggy

I'm new to forums,have an old version of premiere elements 1.o . have edited a video file which was in the AVI format. After editing i tried to save it in the AVI format but didnot have that option, in fact only option i have is prel format and i cannot run that file on any other video player program. how can i save this edited file in AVI format.

• 1. Re: premiere elements 1.0
          nealeh Level 5

supertiggy wrote:

I'm new to forums,have an old version of premiere elements 1.o . have edited a video file which was in the AVI format. After editing i tried to save it in the AVI format but didnot have that option, in fact only option i have is prel format and i cannot run that file on any other video player program. how can i save this edited file in AVI format.

Welcome to the forum. PRE creates a project. This has the details of your video clips, transitions, effects, menus etc... You I'm guessing are using the PRE 'save' menu and that is why you see only .prel files.

To get an AVI file you must export the project into a standalone AVI file. In PRE v7 (the one I have) this can be done through the File> Export> Movie command. There are also other methods through the Share menu.

If the above is not helpful then let us know what menu options exist in v1.

Cheers,
          --
          Neale
          Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 2. Re: premiere elements 1.0
            the_wine_snob Level 9

This ARTICLE will give you a bit more background on Save vs Export/Share, and what the differences are with a .PREL file and an AV file with, say the AVI format.

Good luck, and hope that this helps explain the differences.

Hunt