2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 29, 2010 7:29 AM by AdobeScripts

file name compare across servers

Kathlene Ruhan Level 3

I am not using this for ID files, but think most scripters will know more than I -

I am trying to compare file names (folders) by numbers on two separate servers. If a folder with the same name appears on both servers, I'd like to combine them on one server and delete the other off the second server.

Any ideas? I have 214,605 jobs on one server and 213,500 jobs to cross reference to one another.

• 1. Re: file name compare across servers
          Muppet Mark Level 5

If this were mac I think you should be looking for some one who is mustard with UNIX shell.

'rsync' is possibly what you would be looking at it does however have a right bunch of options.

It could be a one liner but with this number of files you want that line right.

• 2. Re: file name compare across servers
            AdobeScripts Level 3

KSCoastal wrote:

I am not using this for ID files, but think most scripters will know more than I -

I am trying to compare file names (folders) by numbers on two separate servers. If a folder with the same name appears on both servers, I'd like to combine them on one server and delete the other off the second server.

Any ideas? I have 214,605 jobs on one server and 213,500 jobs to cross reference to one another.

On PC you can use TotalCommander.

robin

www.adobescripts.com