3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 29, 2010 2:57 AM by Mylenium

difficulty rendering a time lapse sequence

Pr OZ

Error compress sequence frame()return invalid data size for animation contact vendor for an updated version (44::39)

I have Abobe Creative Suite CS3 and am making a timelapse sequence with 11 images 3848 x 800 with audio, running for 5.30 minutes (10 sec transitions and 20 sec stills). I did the project in AE because it accepted the panoramic size. I need it this size because the sequence is going to be split into three  and projected to 4 meters wide onto three walls.

When I render it as a Quicktime movie or .mov file it completes the task, amazingly!. This error message comes up. The file size is 49GB and wont play properly.

Can this project be rendered in CS3 successfully and if so what am I doing wrong? I tried making a draft but it created the same file size. Will keep trying other lower lower resolution settings but need to know it this is a hopeless task.

• 1. Re: difficulty rendering a time lapse sequence
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Error compress sequence frame()return invalid data size for animation contact vendor for an updated version (44::39)

Please be more specific. What system? What operating system? What CoDec do you use? The error is a specific Quicktime error outside the control of AE and may indicate a busted QT install. Have you tried to re-install QT?

Mylenium

• 2. Re: difficulty rendering a time lapse sequence
            Pr OZ Level 1

I use a 24"Mac OSX 10.5.8 operating system. Compresssion settings-

Animation, 24 frames per second.

As for Codec I used for the output module settings- Quicktime movie 

based on Lossless, project link embed, no post render action and  

video output-  Channels:RGB, Depth:millions of colours, 

colour:Premultiplied.

I will try re installing QT to see how that effects things.

The other issue is the size of the file, 40 something GB. How can I 

adjust the setting to get a more playable sized file but maintain a 

custom size of 3840 x 800 pixels. I create a playable file by reducing 

the quality to draft and a quarter of the size but this wont be any 

good for projection through three 1280 x 800 projectors.

Prue

• 3. Re: difficulty rendering a time lapse sequence
              Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

What does "playable" mean? If it's run through a splitter, the splitter will handle it and most likely use its own conversion format, which often are image sequences. If you mean local playback, then at that full res it won't be possible even with H.264 or similar formats. Indeed running half res then would pretty much be the smartest thing you can do. If you are uncertain regarding the CoDec issues, give PNG or PhotoJPEG a spin...

Mylenium