3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 29, 2010 8:34 AM by shunithD

help upgrading to CS4 from Freehand?

irispops

I'm having problems installing the upgrade from freehand mx to illustrator CS4. If I try to install the main program I can input the Illustrator serial number but it won't accept the freehand serial number. If I install the trial version and then try to input the serial numbers it won't even accept the illustrator serial number. I have been onto the adobe helpline (for about the last hour) and they have told me to try various things - none have worked. They are phoning me back in a bit but I thought I would see if anyone else has had problems like this - I think it's a glitch...

• 1. Re: help upgrading to CS4 from Freehand?
          myjkem2 Level 1

I have used Freehand since it first came out. I have been using the latest version of MX. I changed to Illustrator this month. There is no need to install the Freehand stuff in Illustrator, Illustrator will open the Freehand documents just the way it is. Simply open Illustrator and navigate to your Freehand files and click open, and they will open. Check the document after it opens for any truncated words. If you should find one simply select it and pull the arrow on the right side to show the missing letters.

• 2. Re: help upgrading to CS4 from Freehand?
            shunithD Level 3

myjkem2 wrote:

I have used Freehand since it first came out. <snipped>

I think the OP is talking about installing AI based on an Adobe offre of an upgrade from Freehand...

• 3. Re: help upgrading to CS4 from Freehand?
              irispops Level 1

thank you for your answers - the problem has now been resolved by Adobe - it turned out that it was something that only they could resolve as it involved unlocking serial numbers and giving me new numbers and all sorts of hi-tech things like that!!