2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 1, 2010 8:29 AM by mmorse22

CS4 swf code and Firefox

mmorse22

Having problems with CS4 flash code and Firefox. It works fine in IE7 and Safari but Firefox will only display

"Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player."

I have the latest flash plugin both on my Mac and PC yet neither will work. Anybody else have this problem?

• 1. Re: CS4 swf code and Firefox
          vwgn

I had the exact same problem, except the browsers were switched. I stumbled around for a while and finally did the

logical thing, deleting all the code and swf I had copy/pasted from flash's export and inserted just the swf with dreamweaver, allowing it to write the code, and problem wa fixed. Something in flash just didnt come out right on the export or I missed a line somewhere in my copy/paste. FF was smart enough to play the swf anyway, but IE just gave me a script error/install flash... Try that and see what happens, worse case it does nothing but leave you where you are at.

• 2. Re: CS4 swf code and Firefox
            mmorse22 Level 1

My fix was to dump the CS4 code altogether and use the code from Google. Far

less code and it worked for IE, FF and Safari just fine. The Google code is

a MUCH better solution IMO.

--

Mark Morse

Marketing Services

Sanmina-SCI

20091 Ellipse

Foothill Ranch, CA 92610

949-643-7255 ext 2261

Reply-To: <clearspace-2084520474-78827-2-2555031@mail.forums.adobe.com>

Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 21:31:28 -0700

To: Mark Morse <mark.morse@sanmina-sci.com>

Subject: CS4 swf code and Firefox

I had the exact same problem, except the browsers were switched. I stumbled

around for a while and finally did the

logical thing, deleting all the code and swf I had copy/pasted from flash's

export and inserted just the swf with dreamweaver, allowing it to write the

code, and problem wa fixed. Something in flash just didnt come out right on

the export or I missed a line somewhere in my copy/paste. FF was smart

enough to play the swf anyway, but IE just gave me a script error/install

flash... Try that and see what happens, worse case it does nothing but leave

you where you are at.