2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 18, 2010 11:17 AM by fiftyfootfall

AVCHD, Dynamic link issues

fiftyfootfall

About nine months ago, I updated Adobe CS4 Production Premium and the 4.1 update (for premiere) erased all MPEG-Related compatibility. After an hour on the phone with support, they told me to uninstall and reinstall it. MPEG-Related presets and compatibility came back, with the exception of Dynamic Link. Ever since then, whenever I try to replace a clip (AVCHD .MTS file type) with an After Effects composition (right click>Replace with After Effects Composition) After Effects asks me what to name the project etc. then, once the clip loads it gives me a color-bar type placeholder. When I look at the clip in the bin area, <missing> shows up before the file path. In a separate instance, I cannot export Flash projects into Premiere. (it comes up empty) All of these features have worked before. From what I can tell, it seems to be an issue with Dynamic Link and/or Premiere. I have uninstalled and reinstalled CS4 twice and the issue persists. Support just told me .MTS files aren't compatible with After Effects, but I'm not trying to import it directly into After Effects, it's through Dynamic Link. I have no idea what to do next. Does anyone know how to fix this?

• 1. Re: AVCHD, Dynamic link issues
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

How did you uninstall? Did you run the CS4 Clean Script? Did you uninstall all Adobe? If not, try that. Really wipe everything, then delete the caps.db file (C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\caps) and start out with a clean slate.

Mylenium

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: AVCHD, Dynamic link issues
            fiftyfootfall Level 1

Thanks for your response, I forgot to mention I am running it on Mac OS X Leopard.  I uninstalled by following the instructions on the CS4 disk. Will I have to deactivate my software before uninstalling and using the CS4 Clean Script? Also, will I have to backup all of my project files? Thanks.