11 Replies Latest reply: Feb 2, 2010 4:04 AM by MvRdop RSS

Install Problem Premiere Pro CS4

MvRdop

I just bought CS4 Premiere, but it won't install!

The installer crashes on the 'LangPacks' and then states: "Adobe Setup  has stopped working; Windows is checking for a solution to the  problem...."

- I followed all instructions in the Adobe provided TechNote: Error "Adobe Setup has  stopped working..." when you try to install updates for Adobe CS4  products (Windows Vista)

- I tried to uninstall and run the adobe script for cleaning. It worked, but the same error during next CS4-install.

- Turned off

- Firewall, virusscan, etc. all turned off  during install.

- running updated version of windows 7 ultimate 64 bit  (fresh install after format, coming from XP)

- tried to install CS4 in  parts, same error.

- MB: Asus P5-E WS Professional

- Intel Q9550 Quad

- 4GB DDR2

- PNY  nVidia GeForce GTS 250

Please Help

(I also contacted Adobe Support...)

• 1. Re: Install Problem Premiere Pro CS4
          Harm Millaard CommunityMVP

From DVD or from download? As amdnistrator? It may be that if you install from a download, it got corrupted during download.

• 2. Re: Install Problem Premiere Pro CS4
            MvRdop Community Member

- download version (and to be sure, I donwloaded the package a second time)

- and yes, logged in and installing as administrator

• 3. Re: Install Problem Premiere Pro CS4

Can you install when you go to custom installation and leave out the transscribe functionality? Transscribing does not work anyway, so maybe if you leave that out, it will not trip over the language pack.

• 4. Re: Install Problem Premiere Pro CS4
                MvRdop Community Member

I tried. In custom installation, it's not possible to leave out the lang.packs. It autom. selects if premiere, encore of onlocation is selected for install.

• 5. Re: Install Problem Premiere Pro CS4
                  MvRdop Community Member

I also tried to install the languagepack ('s) seperately from the Adobe CS4 \ Extensions folder.

'Can't open ...'

• 6. Re: Install Problem Premiere Pro CS4

Is there any difference between your installed OS language, your regional settings and the language you want to install for CS4? Just guessing, but maybe this can help. If all those are consistent, I'm stumped and you may have to wait for Adobe Technical Support.

• 7. Re: Install Problem Premiere Pro CS4
                      MvRdop Community Member

OS is Dutch...

Can this really be a problem?

previously I used XP in Dutch with premiere, after fx and photoshop in english international, never seemed to be a problem.

But I can try to switch the OS to English and see what happens?

- - - -

I just switched to English OS and started the CS4-installer again. Same problem occurs.

No luck...

Just a thought:

I'm used to having conflict-problems now and then with software, goes with the territory so to speak, but I never had a problem like this:

A software-conflict between two of the biggest software-houses in the world!

Message was edited by: MvRdop

• 8. Re: Install Problem Premiere Pro CS4
                        MvRdop Community Member

I'm in contact with adobe support. No usefull help so far.

• 9. Re: Install Problem Premiere Pro CS4
                          MvRdop Community Member

This might be a solution...

I finally managed to install CS4. I started from scratch again. Here's what I did:

- install win7 again from scratch (format C)

- install all updates to win7, and made sure all system drivers are up-to-date

- install only adobe flash, quicktime

- turned all standard protection off in win7 (UAP, Defender, Firewall)

- downloaded with IE8 and adobe downloadmanager to my G-harddrive

- unpacking the installer to C:\ (root)

- run the installer

Only differnces with my previous attempts:

- I had McAfee running (allthough completely turned off - with restart - during CS4-install)

- I used Firefox to download CS4 (which worked perfectly)

- CS4 was not the first program to install on a fresh OS (started with VLC, Nero, FileZilla, Firefox, McAfee)

A bit frustrating, not to now exactly why it's working now and why it wasn't before. But hey.. what the f***...

Hopefully my next install willl run in a better, more sensible way.

Best to you all.

• 10. Re: Install Problem Premiere Pro CS4

Good to know you succeeded. Out of curiosity, did you now use one language setting for OS and CS4? Could that be the culprit? I have this one weird thing that everything on my machine is in English (OS and all programs), but still Adobe Drive persists in using Dutch as the default language. I hate that.

• 11. Re: Install Problem Premiere Pro CS4
                              MvRdop Community Member

No, I used the same versions as before:

CS4 Premiere: English International

CS4 Photoshop: Dutch (because I bought it this way)

and the OS is in Dutch too.