• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why do I get this error when activating my COOLER E-BOOK?

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2010 Jan 31, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have tried off and on for four week to figure this out. When I try to activate my Cooler E-Book I keep getting

this error  E_AUTO_BAD _DEVICE_KEY. What do I need to do. lease help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is caused by a firmwar error with the COOL-er.  There have been reports on this forum that doing a hard reset will fix this issue.  If you can't find the directions for doing the hard reset on this forum, the user manual, I would suggest contacting Interread for support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I think you may have `too many activations`. I am having the same problem. When I get the option to enter my ID and password on ADE I get the message `too many activations`. When it prompts me to try again I get the same message as you are getting. I have contacted Adobe through their web portal and am in the process of trying to get it sorted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, it's not the same error.  For too many activations problems you need to contact Adobe Support by submitting a Web Case at http://www.adobe.com/go/supportportal

(and it's caused by exceeded your activation allowance)

The Bad Device Key is a  problem with the firmware in the COOL-er readers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Sorry I couldn`t help. I submitted a report about the activations a few days ago and hopefully it will be sorted soon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 08, 2011 Feb 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yesterday ADE excepted & put ebooks on my Literati eReader.....  Today I getting that same code!!    Any ideas???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines