14 Replies Latest reply on Feb 2, 2010 12:00 PM by the_wine_snob

Elements 8 crashes when opening new project

CalGalD9734

I am so frustrated and disappointed.  A new program shouldn't cause me this much drama.  I have installed, uninstalled, and re installed a new program Photoshop and Elements 8.  Every time I try to open a new project the program crashes.  I have 42.1G of free space, working with Intel processor 1.6G and 4G RAM.  What in the world is happening?  And what do I need to do?  I am about ready to throw in the towel!  Thanks for your help.

• 1. Re: Elements 8 crashes when opening new project
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

An 1.6 ghz processor? I can only hope this is a quad-corre 1.6 ghz processor, or you haven't got nearly enough power to edit video on this computer.

Also, what is your operating system? Windows 7 64-bit is known to provide many problems for this program. Though you can should be able to get the program to open if you've got the latest version of Quicktime and you've manually gone to Windows Update and downloaded all of the latest updates -- even the non-critical ones.

Also, if you have an nVidia graphics card, have you updated the firmware for it, as has been discussed extensively on this forum?

• 2. Re: Elements 8 crashes when opening new project
            the_wine_snob Level 9

I'm with Steve, but as he says, that speed, on a Quad-core, should work fine. On a single core - well, probably not at all.

If you do have a Quad-core, maybe this ARTICLE will be of use, setting up for an editing session.

Good luck, and please let us know the number of cores on that CPU.

Hunt

• 3. Re: Elements 8 crashes when opening new project
              CalGalD9734 Level 1

Unfortunately, what I find is Intel Pentium M processor 1.60 GHz just once so I can only assume it is a single core.

• 4. Re: Elements 8 crashes when opening new project
                CalGalD9734 Level 1

Steve, thank you for your response.  I am disappointed I cannot use this software on my computer.

I have scanned thousands of pictures, located on an external drive, with the hopes of making movies by the year for my kids.  This a Dell computer, Media Center Edition and purchased this with making movies in mind.

I am at a total loss now as to what computer to purchase.  I am looking at a Dell XPS System:  Intel Core 2 duo (3MB Cache, 2.13 Ghz,   Windows 7 Home 64bit, 4G dual channel RAM, 500G 7200rpm SATA Hard Drive, Nvidia graphics.  My computer would be for making movies only.  Any suggestions as to what I need to have/look for?  Thanks a bunch.

• 5. Re: Elements 8 crashes when opening new project
                  Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

A Pentium M at 1.6 ghz? I'm sorry, CalGal, but that old laptop isn't remotely powerful enough to run any version of Premiere Elements -- least of all version 8.

Sorry.

The computer you're looking at would certainly be powerful enough to edit video. However, Premiere Elements 8 and the 64-bit version of Windows 7 don't seem to be getting along too well right now.

Windows 7 64-bit may be a good investment in the future, as all software will eventually go to it. But, for now, I'd recommend that, if you do decide to go W7 64-bit, that you also go with Premiere Pro ratehr than Premiere Elements. That's a much bigger investment of cash, but you can be sure it will run well on that machine.

As an alternative, Sony Vegas and its little brother Sony Vegas MovieStudio (which is comparable to Premiere Elements) should also run on that system very well.

Hope that helps!

• 6. Re: Elements 8 crashes when opening new project
                    CalGalD9734 Level 1

Steve, sorry to keep you, but would Vista rather than Windows 7 be better with Elements?  I have read so much about Elements and I now have already purchased the software   I desperately need a smile on my face .  I bless you for your help.

• 7. Re: Elements 8 crashes when opening new project
                      the_wine_snob Level 9

It appears that Win7 is a better OS, than was Vista. The jury is still out, on the 64-bit version, as the available drivers have yet to catch up, and most of the software is still 32-bit, by design.

Were I in your situation, I would definitely look to Win7, but at this time, would probably opt for the 32-bit installation, with the prospect of 64-bit hinging on the availability of 64-bit software and drivers.

Also, besides a current CPU, I would definitely look for at least 2 physical HDD's (Hard Disk Drives) on any computer, laptop, or desktop. Actually, 3 physical HDD's would be even better, but there are very few laptops, that offer that sort of configuration, and the ones that I know of are not inexpensive.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 8. Re: Elements 8 crashes when opening new project
                        CalGalD9734 Level 1

You had a question mark behind a Pentium M at 1.6 ghz.  Did that pose a question for you?

• 9. Re: Elements 8 crashes when opening new project
                          CalGalD9734 Level 1

Thanks Bill.  I am so confused by all of this now...need to sleep on it and start a new day.

Thanks bunches.

• 10. Re: Elements 8 crashes when opening new project
                            digitalreply Level 1

The problem you are facing might be due to some plugin failing to load. Can you share the file Plugin Loading.log

This can be found by open windows run(windows key + R) and typing - %appdata%\Adobe\Premiere Elements\8.0\

From my previous calls with tech support I might be able to provide some help.

You may also try going to Nvidia site and downloading the latest drivers.

One more thing you can try(if you are comfortable with modifying windows registry) is deleting the PluginCache folder.

For this - open windows run and type regedit.

then go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Premiere Elements\8.0 and delete the PluginCache folder.

cheers.

• 11. Re: Elements 8 crashes when opening new project
                              CalGalD9734 Level 1

This is pretty lengthy.....thanks so much.

-------- Plugin Loading Log ------------

Loading from root path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\en_US
                              Scanning for the following file types: *.prmp, *.prm, *.dll, *.aex, *.8bf

Scanning C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\en_US and sub-directories

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\en_US\ImporterQuicktracks.prm
                              Loading from disk...
                              This plugin was recognized by loader ba1058cd-0007-44e4-bf1a-0ef51307b979.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\en_US\ColorMatch.aex
                              Loading from the registry...
                              The plugin has a PiPL.
                              The plugin was successfully loaded from the registry.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\en_US\AEFilters\Fast_Blur.AEX
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\en_US\AEFilters\Gaussian_Blur.AEX
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\en_US\AEFilters\Polar.AEX
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\en_US\NewBlue\BouncingCubesAE.prm
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\en_US\NewBlue\BouncingFramesAE.prm
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\en_US\NewBlue\BoxExplodeAE.prm
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\en_US\NewBlue\BoxFoldAE.prm
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\en_US\NewBlue\CheckerBoardAE.prm
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\en_US\NewBlue\ConfettiAE.prm
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\en_US\NewBlue\FlyAwayAE.prm
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\en_US\NewBlue\GlowHarshAE.prm
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\en_US\NewBlue\GlowSoftAE.prm
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\en_US\NewBlue\HaloAE.prm
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\en_US\NewBlue\HaloNoRimAE.prm
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\en_US\NewBlue\MetallicCopperAE.prm
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\en_US\NewBlue\MetallicFoilAE.prm
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\en_US\NewBlue\MetallicGoldAE.prm
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\en_US\NewBlue\MetallicIceAE.prm
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\en_US\NewBlue\PlaneExplodeAE.prm
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\en_US\NewBlue\RollAE.prm
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\en_US\NewBlue\ShakeAE.prm
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\en_US\NewBlue\ShearAE.prm
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\en_US\NewBlue\SmearAE.prm
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\en_US\NewBlue\SoftwaveAE.prm
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\en_US\NewBlue\SpinAE.prm
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\en_US\NewBlue\SpiralAE.prm
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\en_US\NewBlue\SpiralRotationAE.prm
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\en_US\NewBlue\StarsAE.prm
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\en_US\NewBlue\TicTacToeAE.prm
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\en_US\NewBlue\TravelAE.prm
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\en_US\NewBlue\TwistAE.prm
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\en_US\NewBlue\WaveAE.prm
                              Loading from disk...
                              This plugin was recognized by loader 3dbe9220-aa71-4c9d-9342-4c239a83a825.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\en_US\NewBlue\WeddingAE.prm
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\en_US\NewBlue\WiggleAE.prm
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\en_US\NewBlue\ZoomAE.prm
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\en_US\NewBlue\AdobeElements.dll
                              The plugin is marked as Ignore, so it will not be loaded.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\en_US\NewBlue\ActivecameraAE.aex
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\en_US\NewBlue\AirbrushAE.aex
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\en_US\NewBlue\ColorizeAE.aex
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\en_US\NewBlue\EarthquakeAE.aex
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\en_US\NewBlue\LinedrawingAE.aex
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\en_US\NewBlue\MetallicAE.aex
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\en_US\NewBlue\NBStabilizer.aex
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\en_US\NewBlue\OldFilm.AEX
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\en_US\NewBlue\PastelsketchAE.aex
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\en_US\NewBlue\ShearenergyAE.aex
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\en_US\NewBlue\ZoomblurAE.aex
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\en_US\PSFilters\Flare.8bf

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\en_US\VSTPlugins\DeNoiser2.dll

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\en_US\VSTPlugins\Dynamics2.dll

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\en_US\VSTPlugins\PitchShifter2.dll

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\en_US\VSTPlugins\Reverb2.dll

Loading from root path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\
                              Scanning for the following file types: *.prmp, *.prm, *.dll, *.aex, *.8bf

Scanning C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common and sub-directories

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\PremiereFiltersMetaPlugin.prmp

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\TransitionsMetaPlugin.prmp

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\DeviceControlFirewire.prm
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\DeviceControlUSBVC.prm
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\DvFileWriter.prm

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\DxMultiGraphBridge.prm

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\ExporterAIFF.prm
                              Loading from disk...
                              This plugin was recognized by loader d3092dcf-904a-4a97-b4ca-66aed7540d57.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\ExporterAVI.prm
                              Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\ExporterBMP.prm
                              Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\ExporterGIF.prm
                              Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\ExporterGIFStill.prm
                              Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\ExporterJPEG.prm
                              Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\ExporterMP3.prm
                              Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\ExporterMPEGPreview.prm
                              Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\ExporterP2.prm
                              Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\ExporterQuickTime.prm
                              Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\ExporterSpeech.prm
                              Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\ExporterTarga.prm
                              Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\ExporterTIFF.prm
                              Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\ExporterUncompressed.prm
                              Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\ExporterWave.prm
                              Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\GPUCenterPeel.prm
                              There was an error loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\GPUCenterPeel.prm from the plugin cache
                              The registry key will be deleted and the plugin will be loaded from disk.
                              Loading from disk...
                              The library could not be loaded.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\GPUPageCurl.prm
                              There was an error loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\GPUPageCurl.prm from the plugin cache
                              Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\GPUPageRoll.prm
                              There was an error loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\GPUPageRoll.prm from the plugin cache
                              Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\GPUSphere.prm
                              There was an error loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\GPUSphere.prm from the plugin cache
                              Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\GPUSpiralFlip.prm
                              There was an error loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\GPUSpiralFlip.prm from the plugin cache
                              Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\ImporterAI.prm
                              Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\ImporterAiff.prm
                              Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\ImporterAVI.prm
                              Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\ImporterBarsAndTone.prm
                              Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\ImporterBlackMatte.prm
                              Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\ImporterColorMatte.prm
                              Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\ImporterDirectShow.prm
                              Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\ImporterFastMPEG.prm
                              Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\ImporterFastMultiStill.prm
                              Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\ImporterFilmStrip.prm
                              Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\ImporterFlash.prm
                              Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\ImporterLeader.prm
                              Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\ImporterMp3.prm
                              Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\ImporterMPEG.prm
                              Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\ImporterMultiStill.prm
                              Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\ImporterPhotoshopProxy.prm
                              Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\ImporterPict.prm
                              Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\ImporterPSA.prm
                              Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\ImporterQT.prm
                              Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\ImporterTarga.prm
                              Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\ImporterTiff.prm
                              Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\ImporterWave.prm
                              Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\ImporterWindowsMedia.prm
                              Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\PlayerMediaCore.prm
                              Loading from disk...
                              This plugin was recognized by loader c9936cb9-1979-48c8-bf22-dbe0ec323274.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\RecorderDV.prm
                              Loading from disk...
                              This plugin was recognized by loader eb880bf4-6010-46ad-a2a6-8952af751435.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\RecorderMPEGHDV.prm
                              Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\RecorderWDM.prm
                              Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\TransitionMotion.prm

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\AsioWdm.dll

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\DvControl.dll

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\DXAvSource.dll

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\DXCaptureSource.dll

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\DXDVSupport.dll

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\PSIParser.dll

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\TSSourcePush.dll

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\TSStrider.dll

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\AEAutoColor.aex
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\AEAutoContrast.aex
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\AEAutoLevels.aex
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\AEFilterAlphaAdjust.aex
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\AEFilterAutoKeyer.aex
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\AEFilterBlueScreen.aex
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\AEFilterChromaKey.aex
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\AEFilterCrop.aex
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\AEFilterDifferenceMatteKey.aex
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\AEFilterEffectMasking.aex
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\AEFilterGarbageMatte.aex
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\AEFilterGarbageMatte16.aex
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\AEFilterGarbageMatte8.aex
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\AEFilterGaussianBlur.aex
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\AEFilterGreenScreen.aex
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\AEFilterImageMatteKey.aex
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\AEFilterLightingEffect.aex
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\AEFilterLumaKey.aex
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\AEFilterNonRedKey.aex
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\AEFilterProcAmp.aex
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\AEFilterRemoveMatte.aex
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\AEFilterRGBDifferenceKey.aex
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\AEFilterTrackMatteKey.aex
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\AEShadowHighlight.aex
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\B-c-2.AEX
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\Basic_3D.AEX
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\Bevel_Alpha.AEX
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\Bevel_Edges.AEX
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\Channel_Mixer.AEX
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\Color_Emboss.AEX
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\Color_HLS.AEX
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\Corner_Pin.AEX
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\Drop_Shadow.AEX
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\Echo.AEX
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\Emboss.AEX
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\Find_Edges.AEX
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\GPUPageCurl.aex
                              Loading from disk...
                              This plugin was recognized by loader 9ee18075-33c9-482a-b1a3-f2ab007a5a07.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\GPURefract.aex
                              Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\GPURipple.aex
                              Loading from disk...

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\Invert.AEX
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\Lens_Flare.AEX
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\Lightning.AEX
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\Mirror.AEX
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\Mosaic.AEX
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\Motion.aex
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\Noise.AEX
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\ObjectTracking.aex
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\Opacity.aex
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\Posterize.AEX
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\Posterize_Time.AEX
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\Ramp.AEX
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\Sharpen.AEX
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\Spherize.AEX
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\Strobe_Light.AEX
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\Texturize.AEX
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\Tint.AEX
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\Transform.AEX
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\Twirl.AEX
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

Loading C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Plug-ins\Common\Wave_Warp.AEX
                              The plugin has a PiPL.

• 12. Re: Elements 8 crashes when opening new project
                                digitalreply Level 1

Thanks CalGalD9734.

Ill have a good look at it and get back to you if I am able to make some sense from the log.

Did you also try the other two suggestions ?

• 13. Re: Elements 8 crashes when opening new project
                                  nealeh Level 5

CalGalD9734 wrote:

I am about ready to throw in the towel! (from original post)

... I am disappointed I cannot use this software on my computer. I have scanned thousands of pictures, located on an external drive, with the hopes of making movies by the year for my kids.

Your initial comment about towelling is still an option (and you get your money back if within 30 days). Unless you have a very specific reason for using PRE8 there are plenty of other authoring packages with lower system requirements than PRE8 - including some free ones.

You probably already have Windows Movie Maker installed. Magix, Ulead, Sony, AVS, Pinnacle all sell authoring  software.

I also note that you want to make movies from thousands of pictures. I'm assuming here that you mean photographs. If my assumption is correct then you may not need movie authoring software at all. There are many, many, many software products that can create slide shows from images.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,
                                  --
                                  Neale
                                  Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 14. Re: Elements 8 crashes when opening new project
                                    the_wine_snob Level 9

One very good SlideShow program, that gets very high marks, is ProShow Gold. They also have a slightly higher-end program, Producer, that I am looking at. One of those might be a worthwhile investment, as they are specialized to work with still images and create videos.

Good luck,

Hunt