3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 2, 2010 5:54 AM by David_F57

ListItem Spacing

judgie83

I couldn't find a variable for spacing for a ListItemRenderer in the ListBase Flex component. Is there a good reason why this is not possible?

Thanks for your help.

• 1. Re: ListItem Spacing
          David_F57 Level 5

Hi,

You can doing spacing in the layout

<s:layout>

<s:VerticalLayout gap="10"/>

</s:layout>

David.

• 2. Re: ListItem Spacing
            judgie83 Level 1

I just thought it would be easier to define a simple item spacing, instead of a workaround. I'm using lots of listboxes, so this would save memory, time and extra definitions.

Is there a really good reason not to have this feature?

• 3. Re: ListItem Spacing
              David_F57 Level 5

Hi,

I'm not sure what you are asking here, if you are creating an item renderer and changing the layout(modifying the default gap of 0) of the list it is no longer a 'simple' list. Whether you chose to or not lists use layout as part of the design, the default simple list sets the layout to vertical with a gap of 0, like any programming you override the default to customise a component.

Overriding default behaviour is not a work around..

If you have 1 or a thousand lists that have a non standard gap but want consistency across the application you make a copy of the default skin change the gap value then use your skinclass on all your lists. You can go one step further by extending the standard list with a default of your skin then use that component throughout your application.

David.