2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 17, 2007 12:24 PM by ChristianDay

Multiple Slice States

ChristianDay
      Back in the days of ImageReady, I was able to use custom rollover states to create multiple states of the same slice. My example is that I have a header graphic containing a photo layer and a logo layer and each of these layer pairs change in the various rollover states. This was a quick and easy way to generate header images for all the pages in my site. Is there a way to do this in Fireworks?

Thanks!
        • 1. Re: Multiple Slice States
          Level 7
          ChristianDay wrote:
          > Back in the days of ImageReady, I was able to use custom rollover states to
          > create multiple states of the same slice. My example is that I have a header
          > graphic containing a photo layer and a logo layer and each of these layer pairs
          > change in the various rollover states. This was a quick and easy way to
          > generate header images for all the pages in my site. Is there a way to do this
          > in Fireworks?

Yes. Put all the images on separate frames within the same slice. Right
          click on the slice and choose Export Selected Slice. In the export
          dialog box, browse to the location of the assets folder of the site you
          have defined in Dreamweaver. Choose a file name, for Export choose
          Images only, for slices choose Export Slices, check Selected slices
          only, and uncheck Current fame only. Click on Export. Zap! All of the
          images are deposited in your site assets folder. Now if you want to make
          rollovers with the images (fairly unusual for a header, I must say) You
          can do it in a proper HTML editor instead of in an image editor.

--
          Linda Rathgeber [PVII] *Adobe Community Expert-Fireworks*
          --------------------------------------------------------------
          http://www.projectseven.com
          Fireworks Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/fireworks/
          CSS Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/css/
          http://www.adobe.com/communities/experts/
          --------------------------------------------------------------
          • 2. Re: Multiple Slice States
            ChristianDay Level 1
            Oh that's just wonderful, thank you. I've been terrified of the transition and trying to turn Photoshop files into Fireworks Files that only use elements brought from in Photoshop. There's a LOT of work involved in this as Fireworks doesn't seem to allow masks on layer groups. I hope Adobe fixes this in an update because I'd love to be able to more easily convert my workflow.

Thanks again!

Christian