3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 2, 2010 5:53 PM by katroach

Newbie village idiot question...

katroach

Immediately after entering the serial number during the install, there was a brief message saying: "You have 7 days to visit the site and obtain an ID. When I clicked OK, it was gone forever and I still don't know what the heck this is...Thanx in advance for helping out the clueless.

KatRoach

• 1. Re: Newbie village idiot question...
          acath Level 4

Hi KatRoach,

It sounds like that was the licensing system asking you to enter a serial number. You can get the serial number from the same site that you downloaded Beta 2 from.

Are you having a problem now, or were you just reporting an odd symptom?

-Adam

• 2. Re: Newbie village idiot question...
            katroach Level 1

No problems for the moment. But the message stated I have 7 days to get an ID or Catalyst will stop working? I'm hoping it was just that I did the install while not having signed in at the Adobe site. Probably that's all it is, but I need to know before I commit time and effort to test the app for rapid prototyping purposes.

Worst case scenario, I could contact Adobe. Would just be so simple if the solution were posted somewhere at their site. Thanx anyway.

kr

• 3. Re: Newbie village idiot question...
              katroach Level 1

Adam--

Thanx for taking time to respond. This odd message appeared AFTER I entered

the serial number successfully and I never saw it again after I clicked ok

to close the window. No problems at this moment, but ask me again in 4 days

when the 7 days have ended and I can't open Catalyst to finish my

experiment.

Because my browser had been closed as required for the install, and not yet

reopened, I surmise the message appeared because I was no longer 'signed in'

to my Adobe account online, so my Adobe ID was not detected by the web

cookie when I entered the serial number. What's odd is that I can't find any

information anywhere, nor in the app documentation about a 7-day limit or a

specific ID requirement.

I have never used a beta product before. Ever! As any seasoned PC user

knows, load a program on the PC and you're stuck with it forever. But now

that I am a newly minted Mac user, I don't have to worry about shared .dll

files bringing my whole system down if they accidentally get removed during

an uninstall or overwritten by other files.

Since I could find no distress postings by anyone disrupted by this Catalyst

7-day deactivation scenario in a web search, I'm hoping for the best. Thanx

again for responding.

Ciao,

Kathy