5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 2, 2010 9:07 AM by the_wine_snob

pause PE8

Flashback Matt

Can I put a Pause in PE8?  What I mean is I have a move with 10 sections in it at the end of each section I want the DVD to Pause and wait for me to push play again with out going back to the main menu and pick it from them.  I would like it to hold the last frame in the pause but it could go black if needed.

Thanks

Matt

• 1. Re: pause PE8
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

No.

About the closest thing you can do is set the video to return to the main menu at a given point and not proceed until your viewer chooses to start part 2.

• 2. Re: pause PE8
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Matt,

Welcome to the forum.

With a full-featured authoring program, you can program in a "pause," but PrE looks at authoring in a linear fashion.

Adobe Encore, will allow one to do this, with a little bit of design work, and I would guess that similar can be done in Sony's DVD Architect, as Encore is no longer available as a stand-alone program, outside of PrPro.

Sorry,

Hunt

• 3. Re: pause PE8
              Flashback Matt Level 1

Sorry to hear that thanks for your help

• 4. Re: pause PE8
                Flashback Matt Level 1

Thank you for your information I will take a look at these.  Is there any other program that you would recommend?

• 5. Re: pause PE8
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

I only use Adobe Encore, and love it, but as mentioned, it is no longer available as a stand-alone. The two authoring programs, that get the highest reviews are Sony's DVD Architect (Steve Grisetti has several articles in the Muvipix Learning Series, plus a book on it), and DVD Studio Pro. These are a less expensive program, and then one in the upper-middle range. Many feel that the GUI of the Sony product is more intuitive, but the latter offers more power, just with a greater learning curve.

At the astoundingly upper-end, there is Sonic Scenarist, but will all modules it runs about US$50K, so does not get much notice on these fora.

Roxio and Nero offer some authoring, as does Magix and CyberLink, but I seldom hear them mentioned, and no zero about any.

Good luck,

Hunt