2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 2, 2010 10:37 AM by thejerkey123

Deleted film bits are making their way into final movie?

thejerkey123

I have edited video from 4 minutes down to 1 minute using In, Out, Extract.

Viewing the final (test) movie, I'm seeing flashes of the unwanted film showing up.

I zoom all the way into the film on the timeline and can't see it anywhere.  If I open the trim monitor then I get totally lost.

Adobe Help does not help me understand the trim monitor well enough and I obviously don't want to start all over again.

Help?

• 1. Re: Deleted film bits are making their way into final movie?
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Where are you seeing these "flashes?" If in Transitions, then it is likely a lack of adequate Handles on the Clips that are retained. The trick is to move your In & Out points slightly, where you see the "flashes."

This little bit will give you an idea on Handles:

Handles_01.jpg

Here is a graphic on Handles:

Handles_02.jpg

Hope that this is all that it is. With GOP footage (often MPEG's), there can be some really odd behavior. What are your source files again?

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Deleted film bits are making their way into final movie?
            thejerkey123 Level 1

Hey Bill - thanks so much for your feedback. Very interesting lesson.  The issue I was having is like a teeny tiny split second of the removed film appearing in between clips.  I realized the error I made was by checking the DeInterlace button because I didn't really know the difference.  I read up on it some more and unchecking the button seems to have solved the issue I was having.

(hate being a noob!)

Thanks!