4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 2, 2010 9:38 AM by techgeek42

Flash Help

techgeek42

Site; http://andrewsconstructioninc.biz/

Here is what I would like - when you first go to the site the "Andrews Construction" and the other words are flash written so they drop down into the page.

But I would like ot be able to have any backgroun and have the words drop onto them without worrying about the color of the stage.

Basically I guess I am asking is it possible to have the wording like opique (clear) and have the words drop onto the space regardless of what the background color is (or what "image" I have for the background - and have the words drop down onto the section and not have some other color or picture overwrite the original background for the flash?

• 1. Re: Flash Help
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I am not sure I understand what you are asking about, but it might be resolved by making the following changes.  In your Fash embedding code there is the following parameter that is assigned a couple times...

<param name="wmode" value="opaque" />

You should change that to be

<param name="wmode" value="transparent" />

There are at least two places you need to make this change in the page code.

• 2. Re: Flash Help
            techgeek42 Level 1

Sorry for the confusion. I re-read my post and I'm confused (chuckle)

If you go to the website (www.andrewsconstructioninc.biz) you'll see where the words ANDREWS CONSTRUCTION, INC drop down.

Now for that "section" the background color is like a dark red - but if I make the flash without putting the stage to dark red - and then I run the flash in the web site itself - the background turns "white" - meaning the "stage" over-rides the dark red of the web page itself.

I would like to be able to do the flash without having to worry about the "stage" color so that I can type (99% of the flash is going to be text) the flash out - and have the words come onto the web page without "over writing" the background of the webpage.

Is that possible? So the words show up in the website - without over writting the page background?

• 3. Re: Flash Help
              Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I think my solution still applies, though when I visited the link, I didn't see white or red... I saw a black Flash background on a gray page area.

What I suggested you do will make the Flash have a transparent background, so regardless of what color you use for its background ithe background will not appear.  When you remove the background color, you leave it with a default white background color, which is why you saw white.

• 4. Re: Flash Help
                techgeek42 Level 1

Okay - I will take a look at that and see what happens