2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 23, 2007 3:05 PM by culture_creature

How do I do this?

culture_creature
      First of all I will apologise for my very basic html knowledge for the following problem as I am creating this webpage as a one off to use as a template for items I am selling on ebay.

I am wanting to create links on buttons I have created for a wepage which corrospond to the current auction the webpage is being displayed upon. I will give an example,

I would like to create a link to 'watch' the paticular item the webpage is being is being displayed about but because this is not a one off item the link cannot be simply copied from the link the ebay page povides because this is impossible to do for the amount of auctions I would be running. I want to create a link which can identify the auction it is about and then give a link which corrosponds. I have seen this done already here in this listing:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2GB-MICRO-SD-Memory-Card-U600-U700-Samsung-Nokia-N95-2G_W0QQitemZ170 151377362QQihZ007QQcategoryZ98876QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The auction I.D. number which is found on the page the auction is running and also the address would be the information I would need to be automatedly inserted in this link. I know this is possible but I have no idea how.

If anyone could help me I would appreciate it indefinitely.

Thank you
        • 1. Re: How do I do this?
          Level 7
          This is an ebay question. I use TurboLister - a download you get from Ebay
          to make auction pages. Inside TurboLister there is an option that let's you
          display links to your other auctions.

--Nancy O.
          Alt-Web Design & Publishing
          www.alt-web.com

"culture_creature" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:fd6hqa$5b5$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > First of all I will apologise for my very basic html knowledge for the
          > following problem as I am creating this webpage as a one off to use as a
          > template for items I am selling on ebay.
          >
          > I am wanting to create links on buttons I have created for a wepage which
          > corrospond to the current auction the webpage is being displayed upon. I
          will
          > give an example,
          >
          > I would like to create a link to 'watch' the paticular item the webpage
          is
          > being is being displayed about but because this is not a one off item the
          link
          > cannot be simply copied from the link the ebay page povides because this
          is
          > impossible to do for the amount of auctions I would be running. I want to
          > create a link which can identify the auction it is about and then give a
          link
          > which corrosponds. I have seen this done already here in this listing:
          >
          >
          >
          http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2GB-MICRO-SD-Memory-Card-U600-U700-Samsung-Nokia-N95-2G_W0
          >
          QQitemZ170151377362QQihZ007QQcategoryZ98876QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZView
          Item
          >
          > The auction I.D. number which is found on the page the auction is running
          and
          > also the address would be the information I would need to be automatedly
          > inserted in this link. I know this is possible but I have no idea how.
          >
          > If anyone could help me I would appreciate it indefinitely.
          >
          > Thank you
          >
          >

• 2. Re: How do I do this?
            culture_creature Level 1
            I'm sorry you do not understand I do not want to display links to other auctions, please reread what I explained.