1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 10, 2010 9:24 AM by michaelibrown

cant install flash cs4 download, setup.exe doesnt set up

michaelibrown Level 1

my initiall 30 day trial of flash cs4 loaded but would not uninstall after the 30 days. eventually i just erased the folder in fruo worstration.later downloaded cs4 web premium package but setup.exe wouldnt work on it. redownloaded flash cs4 bout setup.exe didnt work. i get the swriling icon for a few seconds then it disappears and nothing happens. i notice it stilll running in the task manager  hours later, but doesnt do anything.

• 1. Re: cant install flash cs4 download, setup.exe doesnt set up
          michaelibrown Level 1

i'm going to resond to my own issue here in hopes it helps others.

i see 216 others have posted questions on this issue on this forum from searching "setup.exe", including myself, so besides this self-reponse, i'm just responding to the recent ones.

i recently downloaded trails of flash cs4 and web premium package cs4 (took a day to download at high speed starbuck's internet). couldnt get the setup.exe to work or the uninstaller to work. surfing tech support over next couple weeks to try various agents was useless and expensive until i finally reached someone with useful info. all the agents had foriegn accents and read from scripts and web support pages until yesterday, when i reached a guy who told me two things i'll report to various forums addressing this same issue:

1. download the "windows install clean up" program from window's website (google: windows install cleanup) to uninstall everything adobe. then go through your folders to erase any adobe remnants. this program is different from the uninstaller that doesnt work in the programs and features area of the control panel when you try to uninstall adobe products from there.

2. windows explorer 8, the newest version, DOES NOT download adobe software properly and leaves things out, causing all sorts of issues including the setup.exe program not working. download firefox browser from mozella (google: firefox) and use it for all adobe downloads. apparently the old windows explorer 7 will work, but if you already have explorer 8 installed its easiest to just use firefox.

i'm spending the next couple days downloading the 4.14 G web premium trail with firefox and will report if this works.