Exit

Unhandled win32 exception on adding button

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2010 Feb 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When trying to add a button to a slide, I'm getting the following error:

An unhandled win32 exception occurred with AdobeCaptivate.exe [2768]

And then when I click on No for the debugger, Captivate closes. If I click on Yes, then Visual Studio comes up but locks up my system.

This just started happening a little while ago and also happens when I copy a button and try to paste it.

I only have 15 slides in the file so it's not very big.

Is there a solution to this issue?

Thanks in advance, dar

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 02, 2010 Feb 02, 2010

Hi there

Sometimes simply restarting Captivate will fix issues like this. If that doesn't work, you might have some project corruption going on.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Sometimes simply restarting Captivate will fix issues like this. If that doesn't work, you might have some project corruption going on.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That seems to be the problem ... as I can add buttons to other projects.

Now to rebuild the project ....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Perhaps you will not have to rebuild all the project. Create a blank project with the same resolution, copy and paste slides (not all at once, you have to detect the guilty one) from the old to the blank project. This could save you some time?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I once attempted to copy 50 or 60 slides to a new project and it only copied a half dozen or so. There was no warning that the clipboard didn't contain all the slides. Also - the slides seemed to have omitted some settings, also with no warning. It's been a long time since then and I've forgotten what settings were lost. They were question type slides. Just a word of caution to check the slides when you get them in the new file and don't assume everyting came over as you expected.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

That is why I told not to copy all at once, also because there could be corrupted objects. Question slides are another brand, I admit that. This workaround has saved me already a couple of times, that is why I proposed it.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for all the advice. I tried importing the slides to a new project and got the same error, so then I tried importing them one at a time and every one got the same error.

What I'm doing now is adding a blank slide in my new project, copying the background from the original project and pasting it as the background on the new slide. Then, I try to create a button. If I don't get an error, I copy the objects from the original slide and paste them in, then check again to see if I can create a button. If all goes well, I save, then try to create a button again before I move on to the next slide. So far, so good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources