1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 22, 2010 4:47 AM by maenagri

What are the benefits of using FlashPaper over a PDF?  And.. the reverse.

dhdEdge

We are in the process of implementing Connect within our College.  I am creating help documents at this point.  Has any one had the experience of using Flash Paper or PDFs?  What have you found to work the best?  It seems that FlashPaper is smaller but what about manipulation etc.

Any information would be helpful.

diane

• 1. Re: What are the benefits of using FlashPaper over a PDF?  And.. the reverse.
          maenagri

Hi Diane.

In my experience, flashpaper is heavier than the pdf, but for the requirements I got we went this way.

If you have no concerns about security of your documents I would tell you, stay on pdf.

If not, and you do have at least some concerns about security, well, it is best to use flashpaper.

With the flashpaper at least you got a certain level of controlling what can be done with the document, without the need of using encrypted keys and stuff like that.

To achieve this with pdf's you might need to set some kind of security schema in which you might need to include your client in order to let him work with the documents.

Hope this helps,

Max.