3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 15, 2010 3:23 AM by Sean S Murphy

Video freezes on browse minimize.

Gustavo Sanabio

Hi...

I'm testing Michael samples (viewer/Publisher).  I noted that video freezes if I minimize the browser of the publisher application.

It occurs in a LAN, and not If I running viewer and publisher in the same machine.

is this a bug?  I think that Flash Player process stops after browser minimize .

thanks,

Luis Gustavo Sanabio

• 1. Re: Video freezes on browse minimize.
          suxuekun Level 1

Is there something wrong with flash player 10.1 beta ?

I once test these samples and update it to 10.1 then find if my browser lose

focus and get focus again the publish video is stoped.

then I test my applications before which runs with no problem in 10.0, the

video also stoped when browser lose focus. I use IE8.

is there something wrong with flash player 10.1 beta or my browser or

something else ?

• 2. Re: Video freezes on browse minimize.
            Gustavo Sanabio Level 1

Yeah.. I'm using IE8 too.  (Win 7.0)

• 3. Re: Video freezes on browse minimize.
              Sean S Murphy Level 1

I reported this in the 10.1 beta forums. They said they would look into it, and Michelle was the adobe rep that I communicated with, anyway she said she logged it in their internal bug database. I'm almost positive it is a problem in 10.1. My old p2p app that i made as a tutorial http://www.murphysean.com/?p=37 will freeze all video if you switch tabs or minimize or in any way change focus out of that window. The audio and video is disrupted, and never returns. I suspected it had something to do with the background 'pausing' of flash applications in order to save users memory and processing power, a new feature in 10.1. I couldn't find the link to the post, but it would be good to get some feedback to make sure this one is being looked at. I've got a few apps out there that the user starts up the conversation in p2p, switches windows and chats while they work on other things. But with 10.1 beta (both versions) this dies.