Create a new layer.
go to the last frame of your timeline or where you want the animation to stop.
Insert a blank keyframe (F7).
Open actions panel.
test your movie
1. Create a text field and place the text
2. Select the text field with the Selection Tool and press F8
3. Convert it to a MovieClip Symbol (Only movieclips can be animated)
4. Right click on the keyframe with the MovieClip and choose Create Motion Tween
5. Right click on any farther frame you want it to animate to and insert keyframe
6. Adjust the posistions of movieclip in frame 1 and 2 in such a way that it animtes from frame 1 to final frame.
3. Correction: Any library symbol can be animated when it is done on the timeline. It's only when you use code to animated that you cannot use graphic symbols because you cannot give them instance names, but you can still animate movieclips and button symbols with code.
Yeah correct. I was assuming code, sorry for that.