14 Replies Latest reply on May 18, 2010 2:08 PM by the_wine_snob

InstantMovie themes with Photoshop.com Plus upgrade

TracyJacks Level 1

Hello,

I'm a Premiere Elements 7 user and purchased the photoshop.com plus upgrade last week.  I did so because everything I read led me to think that I would get access to additional InstantMovie themes (plural) and could expect regular updates.  Signing back in after the purchase I didn't notice any new templates.  I searched some of the forums and someone noted that so far there is only one additional theme (Yearbook).  Going back I did see the Yearbook theme but that was it.  Does anyone know if that's all there is?  I chatted with, spoke to and opened a support incident in the portal (which was subsequently closed with just a link to a generic FAQ).  No one at Adobe could answer this simple (at least in my mind) question.  If all I'm entitled to is the one template then Adobe is guilty of some devious markteing techniques.  Thanks.

• 1. Re: InstantMovie themes with Photoshop.com Plus upgrade
          the_wine_snob Level 9

It is my understanding, that there are but a few. Seem to recall a Halloween Theme too, but that one might have been "seasonal." Many have complained that there has not been more "Additional Functional Content" on Photoshop.com Plus. I think that it's time for Adobe to add more, as there has been enough time to do so. Guess that the Plus is a "work in progress," but it does not seem that "progress" has been made.

Good luck,

Hunt

PS - I do not recall if Muvipix has any additional Themes, but they do have a lot of neat Functional Content. Might want to have a look there too - though obviously, when one pays for the Plus membership, they should expect more than just a couple of Themes. [My personal opinion.]

• 2. Re: InstantMovie themes with Photoshop.com Plus upgrade
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

There are just a few (as well additional as title and disc templates) -- although, as Hunt says, they do add some and remove others as the seasons change.

Plus also gets you additonal online storage space and additional tutorials in the Inspiration Browser, by the way.

• 3. Re: InstantMovie themes with Photoshop.com Plus upgrade
              TracyJacks Level 1

Thanks guys for the replies.  I was afraid of that and am rather disappointed.  If nothing else thugh this got me using these forums where there's a lot of great info.  Thanks again.

• 4. Re: InstantMovie themes with Photoshop.com Plus upgrade
                gpecht Level 1

I think there are currently about 5 - 6 themes available and also the matching titles or DVD templates. I"m not able to check right now, since I'm not at home.

You will find those extras by opening PE7, make sure you sign in to Photosho.com on the splash sreen, and go to the edit workspace. Under themes/ titles/DVD templates you can select >from Photoshop.com and it will show you all there are. They have a yellow ribbon over one corner, but if you are a plus subscriber you will be able to just use them. You can also down load them to your hard drive by, I believe??? right clicking the template.

• 5. Re: InstantMovie themes with Photoshop.com Plus upgrade
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Interesting. I did not realize that one could use the Plus Themes from the Internet. I would have assumed that they would need to be downloaded. Learned something new there.

Knowing that the list is up to 5-6 (and possibly some "seasonal" versions that might have come and gone) is better than the last time that I heard about the Functional Content in the Plus. Things are improving, albeit slowly.

Obviously, you can tell that I do NOT have a Plus account!

Good luck to all,

Hunt

• 6. Re: InstantMovie themes with Photoshop.com Plus upgrade
                    TracyJacks Level 1

More good info - thanks!  The strange thing is the templates that show up when I choose to show them from Photoshop.com were there before I signed up with photoshop.com (even for the basic package).  Maybe I would not have been able to use them?  This is very confusing indeed.  Thanks again for the info.

• 7. Re: InstantMovie themes with Photoshop.com Plus upgrade
                      the_wine_snob Level 9

I cannot answer that question. It does seem that Photoshop.com Plus is a bit of a puzzle for many.

Good luck, and please report on what you find there.

Hunt

• 8. Re: InstantMovie themes with Photoshop.com Plus upgrade
                        gpecht Level 1

Hi Tracy, you are correct. The themes always show up, but if you want to use them you can't, unless you sign up for the plus membership. Here is a link to a thread on the muvipix.com site that may be of interest to you. You can also do a search with >movie themes< there and you will find more info.

• 9. Re: InstantMovie themes with Photoshop.com Plus upgrade
                          TracyJacks Level 1

Thanks for confirming.  I guess can stop badmouthing adobe/photosop.com under my breath over this.  But I think they could have made this a little clearer.  Strange too that none of the adobe/ps.com folks I talked with could give me this info.

So thanks again everyone for the helpful responses.  I'm really looking forward to checking out muvipix.com.

• 10. Re: InstantMovie themes with Photoshop.com Plus upgrade
                            WAHunt3

Do check out Muvipix. There is a lot of great content there, and some very helpful people, as well.

I do agree that Adobe could communicate a bit better on many accounts. For instance, the PrPro trial version has ALL things MPEG disabled. That info is available, if one looks deeply enough, but should be in a banner on the download site. There are other instances too. My personal policy is to disclose everything to the client, or potential client, and then be ready to answer any questions.

Glad that you got the info that you needed. I feel that his forum (and other Adobe fora) offer much better info and service, than the C/S, or T/S portals. Once one moves past installation and S/N issues, these fora will likely solve the problem.

Good luck, and I'll see you on Muvipix,

Hunt

• 11. Re: InstantMovie themes with Photoshop.com Plus upgrade
                              WAHunt3 Level 1

Oops, got logged-out, and my alter-ego, WAHunt3 showed up. Hope that he's not out doing anything nefarious, like robbing banks.

Hunt

• 12. Re: InstantMovie themes with Photoshop.com Plus upgrade
                                the_wine_snob Level 9

Dang, I cannot seem to shake him, regardless of how I log-in. Love the Jive software and the "new and improved" Adobe fora.

Hope that I am back to plain old Bill Hunt now... ?

Hunt

• 13. Re: InstantMovie themes with Photoshop.com Plus upgrade
                                  stickvick Level 1

I just paid a $50 Plus membership renewal fee to "receive ongoing deliveries of new video tutorials, movie themes, sound and special effects and templates" as stated on the Elements 8 advertising page.  Then when I can't find any new stuff I call technical support who keeps me on hold for 45 minutes and then hangs up on me.  Good thing they have my call back number.  I was transferred around to 4 different people before they hung up.  I didn't renew for storage space on their server, so if that's all I get, I'm mad!!!!  Wonder how I can get my money back.  Wouldn't you think Premiere 8 has new stuff?  I should have access as a plus member, but no one I've talked to at Adobe can tell me how or where to get it!

• 14. Re: InstantMovie themes with Photoshop.com Plus upgrade
                                    the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately, many have had the same, or similar complaints - little to no additional Functional Content. You are not alone. I am not sure why, but not much seems to have been added.

Hunt