2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 3, 2010 2:15 PM by bekah222

color discrepancies

bekah222

Hi,

I am someone that has just kind of fallen into graphic design on a very amature level through my work in nonprofits.  I am working on developing a logo for a new campaign and am having difficulties with colors.  Here is my situation.

I found a lovely color (someone blue-ish green-ish) that I wanted to use from a website.  So I captured a print screen and got the CMYK values in Photoshop.  I then made that color in Illustrator and began to design.  But every time I export the logo to a .jpg and look at it on my monitor, the color is completely different and looks more like a periwinkle.  I understand that there are often discrepancies between color on a monitor and color when it prints, but I didn't know that it also varies depending on the program you are viewing it through on the same computer and monitor.  I have designed other logos and have never come across this problem before.

Is there anyone that might know what is happening here and how I can actually arrive at finding the color that I want and have the proper output?

I hope this makes sense!  I don't have any formal training in design or with any of these programs and I am sure am not using the proper terminology.

Thank you in advance for your help!!!!