3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 3, 2010 1:10 PM by nealeh

Disable scaling in monitor scene view

nealeh Level 5

PRE7:

Arrrrghhh! In Sceneline view I hate that dreadful scaling at the bottom of the monitor window, when you switch from clip to clip, where it expands each clips In-Point/Out-Point to fill the window width - it adds a seconds or so each time you switch from one clip to the next.

I once found where it can be switched off but I've forgotten where ! Where is it please?

Cheers,
      --
      Neale
      Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 1. Re: Disable scaling in monitor scene view
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Neale,

You've got me on this one. Do you mean that Sceneline is showing the Handles on Clips with Transitions? These will be the Frames before, or after your In & Out-Points, that are used to apply the Transitions.

If I am way off-base, then just ignore my ramblings,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Disable scaling in monitor scene view
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

If that annoying timeline along the bottom of the Monitor bugs you, the best (and only solution) is to work in Timeline rather than Sceneline mode.

• 3. Re: Disable scaling in monitor scene view
              nealeh Level 5

Steve Grisetti wrote:

If that annoying timeline along the bottom of the Monitor bugs you, the best (and only solution) is to work in Timeline rather than Sceneline mode.

The timeline itself is not annoying, merely the lag while it expands the in/out points. I think it may have been the Timeline Playback Auto-scrolling setting I was thinking of (but it doesn't actually do what I thought it would).

Still I've learnt something new while investigating this - the monitor timeline (in sceneline mode) can be zoomed between single frame and whole project. May have been obvious but I just never noticed it before (usually preferring timeline view).

Default:

mon1.jpg

Single Frame:

mon2.jpg

Whole Project (the view I was trying, unsuccessfully, to make the default):

mon3.jpg

Cheers,
              --
              Neale
              Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children