1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 3, 2010 6:51 PM by bregent

HELP!!! Baseball team website and no statistics!!!!....

jcstiff23

HELP!!!!!

I am currently building a website for my baseball team using Dreamweaver. I would like to implement statistics for players and teams in different areas of the site that are current and entered after each game. For example, one page I am creating is a "stats page" that will have team stats, player stats, and etc. I would also like to have each player's profile page have their stats on it. I would like all the stats that show up in different areas of my site to be entered in one area (like a spreadsheet or form or something of that sort) and after each game I would log on, open it or whatever and enter that game's statistics. After I enter them after each game I would like it to automatically update throughout the site in all areas that stat shows up. I know it is possible I have done it in the past with template sites that I have used through sports home page hosts. I just don't know what to do. I had decided to take the route of creating our team site from scratch finally because it gives more freedom to the structure. I have read through some research that I might have to use databases, I am new at Dreamweaver and not as advanced as many yet, although I am using courses and tutorials to learn as I go. I have the starter pages for the site created and am hosting it with a host that supports Dreamweaver. Is there a way to have different areas of the site update when I update statsistics for the team and players and do what I am saying??? If databases are needed my host does support MySQL which through my research has come up time and time again. Either way I am COMPLETELY lost on how to do this and need help!! Could someone please give me some ideas or tell me how to do what I am saying??? (simplified, step by step from the start, "for dummies", because again I am new at this) Thanks ahead of time to whoever can help solve my dilemma and I look forward to the expert advice!!!!

jc

• 1. Re: HELP!!! Baseball team website and no statistics!!!!....
          bregent Most Valuable Participant

>I have read through some research that I might have to use databases

You will definitely need a database to store the stats.

>I have the starter pages for the site created and

>am hosting it with a host that supports Dreamweaver.

I'm not sure what this means. There are no special host requirements to use Dreamweaver for your website.

>Is there a way to have different areas of the site

>update when I update statsistics for the team and

>players and do what I am saying???

Yes.

>Either way I am COMPLETELY lost on how to do this and need help!!

The first thing to do is become more familiar with DW basics. If you start working on dynamic pages without a good understanding of DW, html and css, then you will get completely overwhelmed. Once you have created the static site you can start adding dynamic pages. To do that, you need to start with a good database design - so a good place to start is with a book on database design concepts.