2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 3, 2010 6:19 PM by tenskir

Link colour problem when previewed in IE

tenskir Level 1

I'm using DW CS4 on a PC.

Problem:   I have successfully (thanks to this forum!) changed the colour of some links on my site (two different types) and it works great in all the browsers except for Internet Explorer. The main links throughout my site have been changed to blue (active) and orange (hover), and the links in my footer have been changed to white (active) - they are on a dark blue background - and orange (hover). In Internet Explorer my main links appear as a purple colour (active) instead of blue and the hover is orange. The links in the footer haven't changed to white (active). Again, hover has changed to orange.

Because I'm still building the site I haven't got it on line yet so I can't provide a link, but I have attached the code. Can anyone help me fix this??

• 1. Re: Link colour problem when previewed in IE
          John Waller Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Always define all your link groups in the following order:

Link

Visited

Hover

Active

footer-navigation-bar links are in the correct order. a:link etc embedded in the main htm file are not.

Define a color for a:visited and a:active otherwise they'll show browser defaults (e.g. purple in IE)

• 2. Re: Link colour problem when previewed in IE
            tenskir Level 1

John,

Thankyou so much for your reply - it worked! Now I have all my links working beautifully and I couldn't be happier!     All I have to do now is tackle the next task, i.e. forms, and then hopefully the site will be complete. I must admit, if it wasn't for the help I get on this forum I wouldn't have been able to do half of it.

Many thanks once again.

Vickie