2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 4, 2010 10:26 AM by chuck_w2010

Adobe Premium Suite installation problem....

chuck_w2010

Hello,

First I am new to this forum.

The problem.....

Last night I was installing my adobe suite and a problem occured. At 46% installation disk 1 the installation got hung up. It looks like adobe media player was being installed at that point. I waited at least 10 minutes to see if it would continue and it did not. I restarted the install and deselected adobe media player and the installation went through ok. Could there be a problem with the disk? Should I ask adobe for a replacement disk?

Thanks in advance

• 1. Re: Adobe Premium Suite installation problem....
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant
          Could there be a problem with the disk?

Unlikely. It's more likely you had/ have a newer version of Adobe AIR/ AMP already on your system, causing an installer failure because it cannnot overwrite the files...

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Adobe Premium Suite installation problem....
            chuck_w2010 Level 1

Unlikely. It's more likely you had/ have a newer version of Adobe AIR/ AMP already on your system, causing an installer failure because it cannnot overwrite the files...

Mylenium

Mylenium,

Thanks for that response but......

I never had adobe AIR/AMP installed before so could it really be the problem?

What about this idea.....if i download the entire Design suite and reinstall using the download instaed of the disks

but use my serial number then will it work properly? what do you think?