2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 4, 2010 7:37 AM by Asahart-XEvNWS

Validation for a ComboBox

Asahart-XEvNWS

I need to make sure that a user has made a selection on a ComboBox. I am using the NumberValidator to determine if the selectedindex is above 0. (0 is an Object in the ComboBox with no label or data.

Here is the Validator:

<mx:NumberValidator
              id="genderValidator"
              minValue="1"
              source="{gender.selectedIndex}"
              property="int"
              domain="real"
      />

When i run the app I get an error:

Error: The source attribute must be specified when the property attribute is specified.
                    at mx.validators::Validator/getValueFromSource()[C:\autobuild\3.2.0\frameworks\projects\fram ework\src\mx\validators\Validator.as:846]
                    at mx.validators::Validator/validate()[C:\autobuild\3.2.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\ mx\validators\Validator.as:810]
                    at mx.validators::Validator$/validateAll()[C:\autobuild\3.2.0\frameworks\projects\framework\ src\mx\validators\Validator.as:134]
                    at NewHire/validatePersonalDetails()[C:\Davison\FWDCO_Projects\hrpwe-5-3\hrp\WEB-INF\src\flx \NewHire.mxml:164]
                    at NewHire/__personalDetailsNextButton_click()[C:\Davison\FWDCO_Projects\hrpwe-5-3\hrp\WEB-I NF\src\flx\NewHire.mxml:425]

The source and the property attributs are set.

I could really use the help. Thanks Ahead of Time.

Asa