0 Replies Latest reply on Feb 4, 2010 10:48 AM by plankpro

How can I fix 2121 sandbox security error, local swf MP3 player test calls MP3's from website?

1st Issue.  I am a new user and am fighting #2121, #2044 & #2048 Flash security errors in getting an MP3 player to work as I test the fla file in Flash CS4 on my local computer.  The fla in Flash and swf in Dreamweaver calls mp3 files from our host server on the internet.

After reading various sparce posts and Adobe articles on this issue, I have added a crossdomain.xml file at our websites root (see file below) and added the code, flash.system.Security.allowDomain in line 1 of the action script of the flash fla to allow our site access (-see script below).  These efforts have helped get the player to work better on our test site.

But, I am still getting the 2121 error within Flash CS4 as I debug the player or play the swf in live view within Dreamweaver.  Playing the fla or swf will lock-up the Flash 10 player and crash the program. I am having the mp3 player access the mp3 files from our web site as I test the fla.

Here is the debug message I am getting:

Attemping to launch and connect to Player using URL C:\Web Site Files\Plank Productions afc\Plank Productions 2010\site\MP3_List_Player_AS3.swf [SWF] C:\Web Site Files\Plank Productions afc\Plank Productions 2010\site\MP3_List_Player_AS3.swf - 209827 bytes after decompression SecurityError: Error #2121: Security sandbox violation: Sound.id3: file:///C/Web%20Site%20Files/Plank%20Productions%20afc/Plank%20Productions%202010/site/MP3%5FList %5FPlayer%5FAS3.swf cannot access . This may be worked around by calling Security.allowDomain.

at flash.media::Sound/get id3()

at com.afcomponents.mp3player::MP3Player/get id3()

at com.afcomponents.mp3player::MP3Player/handleBuffe ring()

Here is the crossdomain xml code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<?xml version="1.0"?><!DOCTYPE cross-domain-policySYSTEM "http://www.macromedia.com/xml/dtds/cross-domain- policy.dtd">

<allow-access-from domain="www.plankproductions.com" secure="false"/>

<allow-access-from domain="plankproductions.com" secure="false"/>

Here is the AS3 in line 1 of the Fla file that I added:

flash.system.Security.allowDomain("www.plankproductions.com", "plankproductions.com");

2nd Issue.  The online playback of the mp3 player will play about 4-7 mp3’s then lock-up in Internet Explorer 8 on a pc.  I think that is related to flash security, not sure, I do not know how to debug the mp3 player on the web site.

-How can I resolve the error 2121?

-What as3 code do I need to target the local c drive to have security clearance and work properly, is this the problem?

-Why is the mp3 player locking up on the web page?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Operating System: Windows XP Professional, CS4 Web Premium