4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 14, 2011 11:20 AM by TerraAustralis

Color Management

ashik777

My color management seems to have gone crazy. I have a Dell 2005FPW monitor, and I usually have the RGB setting in color settings/working spaces/RGB set to: 'monitor RGB - Dell 2005FPW Color Profile. Without me changing anything, white now appears yellow on my screen, even though when I look in color picker and select white, the numbers are correct - 255,255,255 and #ffffff. I have tried changing to other settings but white still looks yellow, although white appears white when I print.

• 1. Re: Color Management
          gator soup Level 4

>> I usually have the RGB setting in color settings/working spaces/RGB set to: 'monitor RGB

That is never recommended here — try setting a device independent Working Space like "sRGB 2.1..." as your Working RGB (until you better know what you are doing).

>> white now appears yellow on my screen, even though when I look in color picker and select white, the numbers are correct - 255,255,255

That is a sure sign of a bad monitor profile in Photoshop, you need to reprofile your monitor and get it engaged in System Preferences> Displays> Color> Display Profile (or Windows equivelent) —  Photoshop/Adoe apps will pick it up from there for color-management purposes.

>> I have tried changing to other settings but white still looks yellow

I don't know what that means, 'whites appear yellow' is a FAQ...

Try these settings:

• 2. Re: Color Management
            ashik777 Level 1

Thanks, but I have tried those settings. White is the only color that is off - it appears yellow and only within photoshop - white is white when photoshop is not running.

• 3. Re: Color Management
              Black Drop

I am experiencing the same problem, and Dude, I also got a Dell. Do you think this a software or hardware malfunction?

• 4. Re: Color Management
                TerraAustralis Level 1

Sounds like you need to calibrate your monitor. I have a Dell 2007WFP and all of the setting options in the onscreen menu are rubbish. When I recalibrated the Dell I got a great result. For more on colour set up in Adobe Suite

see: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/775255?tstart=0