would appreciate any suggestions.

thanks in advance.

gabriela

• 1. Re: please help! site is loading too slowly
          acath Level 4

Hi Gabriela,

Please check out the comments I just posted here:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2565368#2565368

I must say that on your site, the loading seems particularly slow (even the part before actually loading Flex content). You might want to do some performance investigation on your server to see if that is your bottleneck.

-Adam

• 2. Re: please help! site is loading too slowly
            gabrielaVzla Level 1

hello adam,

i think i found a solution by using a swf compressor called swif optimizer. it compressed some of my files to as low as 23 percent the size of the original! i had some swfs that were 5mb, which is probably unacceptable on the net.

in any case, i think that the load time is much better. if you have any suggestions on how to speed things up more though i would appreciate it. im in venezuela so.. the connection is a huge limitation for us.

right now the menu is composed of vector graphics. if i were to make this regular text, would it make a big difference in size?

thanks,

gabriela

• 3. Re: please help! site is loading too slowly
              acath Level 4

Hi Gabriela,

Are you saying that you have converted the  text on the menu to paths (aka outlines)? If so, then yes: changing it to text will almost certainly make it smaller and  faster. If you are worried about the end-user not having the fonts that you're using, you can embed fonts in the SWF when you publish (there's a checkbox that says "Embed Fonts" in File > Publish to SWF), so that they will display correctly on any machine.

-Adam

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: please help! site is loading too slowly
                gabrielaVzla Level 1

thanks adam. things are going a bit better. i managed to get my files down to about 500k. so the load time is not terrible. i'm going to look into assembling all the parts together into one flash file though, so the user only has to wait in the beggining. i remember once you mentioned being able to compile components in flash builder.

if you know any good tutorials for this i would appreciate it!

thanks in advance.

gabriela