4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 7, 2010 10:25 PM by qwerty-2 RSS

MP4 and RTMPE

_CarlosBernal_ Community Member

I'm trying to play an mp4 file from flash lite but it only works when the file is placed locally. If I try to play it from a server that sends me files using a RTMPE protocol the file doesn't work. I tried to use a local HTTP protocol but it doesn't work either.

I just use the flash video component and this code line:

Does any one know what could be happening or what do I need to do in order to play the video?

Thanks in advance,

• 1. Re: MP4 and RTMPE
          chall3ng3r Community Member

Hi Carlos,

Using Flash's components is not recommended for mobile applications.

You can create your own player by placing a Video object on stage, and few lines of code.

For example:

var connection_nc:NetConnection = new NetConnection();
          var stream_ns:NetStream = new NetStream(connection_nc);

Where my_video is the video object on stage.

Hope it helps,

// chall3ng3r //

• 2. Re: MP4 and RTMPE

I don't want to be rude but this answer doesn't really help much. I have cricket balls website and I would like to incorporate a blog with MP4 videos but I am concerned about moblie devices and flash.

• 3. Re: MP4 and RTMPE

Wondering if you got the solution to this problem?

I am having same issue, trying to stream MP4 video (h.264, fps 30 , bitrate 10.9 mbps) over rtmp (using wowza) and playout on Flash lite 3.1...No luck.

Any insight, will be much appreciated!

• 4. Re: MP4 and RTMPE
                qwerty-2 Community Member

Hi Carlos/mark,

I hope you would help me by telling that are u people using standalone (air application) or browser based swf file to stream data on handset (having support if FlashLite 3.x)  using Flash Streaming Sever (wowza or any other)?

Thanks in Advance