2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 4, 2010 2:46 PM by cheftimo

Another HSlider question

cheftimo Level 2

I have an HSlider that filters products displayed by min & max prices. When a thumb is pressed, the data tip shows the price at the slider point where the thumb sits at that moment.

My question: how would I reference those thumb data tip values so I can display them on labels above the slider?

In other words, I want the thumb data tip to remain visible to the user, not go away when the thumb is released

Any tips? (I don't mean data tips).

Carlos

• 1. Re: Another HSlider question
          NonTakenUserName Level 1

I did exactly this for an application; what I ended up doing was extending the slider control and adding two custom ToolTip objects to it (one for each thumb) and a listener for THUMB_DRAG to update the value and position of each object.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Another HSlider question
            cheftimo Level 2

Fortunately, I was able to solve it in a simpler way. In my case, I already have a class called ProductFilter that carries all these values and I was able to get them from there.

But thank you, NonTaken, what you say makes sense and would have been the way to go if I didn't have that filter class available.

Regards,

Carlos