3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 30, 2007 6:38 AM by Authorgirl

Printing from chm

Authorgirl Level 1
      I have a customer who wishes to print out our entire help system. We don't currently offer a printable version as such so I am trying to decide whether it is best to tell her to use the standard Print option from the chm or whether I should use the Printed Doc feature of RoboHELP to create another version for her.
      The problem with the standard Print option from the chm, is that drop down text isn't included and I have used a lot of that. Is there a way of opening it all before printing? And will this still be a problem if I create a Printed Doc version?

Thanks
        • 1. Re: Printing from chm
          RoboColum(n) Level 5
          Hopefully this will help you make up your mind. When you generate your printed documentation, click on the Advanced button in the first dialog. This has options to include both expanding and dropdown text in the output.
          • 2. Re: Printing from chm
            Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
            Hi all

And if I may add my own 2 cents here (adjusted for inflation, of course)

You will have a much greater control over what they end up with if you supply a .PDF of the information that is intended for them to print. Using the print function of the .CHM viewer is dreadful and a cause of many a forum post asking why people don't get the result they want.

(If you give me a penny for my thoughts, and I give you my 2 cents worth, what happens to the other penny? - TAXES!!!!!)

Cheers... Rick
            • 3. Re: Printing from chm
              Authorgirl Level 1
              Thanks, that's my answer then. Much appreciated!